how much road tax???????????? fek

just window shopping for estate cars and this popped up
Vauxhall/Opel Vectra VXR 2.8i V6 24v ( 285ps ) 2007MY VXR OPC | eBa

s-l1600.jpg

£555 road tax

Lotta tax again :(

Can you not buy an imported American that does the mpg you are wanting at a normal rate of tax?

Oooh a wagon too :)

Now that is kick ass cool didnt know they did a wagon,

it's not about mpg it's about the crazy road fun tax system its a crazy way they are doing it,
lots of cars are being effected even scrapped due to road tax issue but nothing wrong with the car still usable and in most cases cheaper and easier to repair as well,

well bit the bullet (no not a mustang lol) and phoned garage up on a v6 3.2lt audi a6 estate quatro yes i know £325 tax 2hour drive car was still in back of garage showrom not even been valeted compared to the other cars this looked a mess he had already got car started told me engine light was on as ran out of fuel yea right fuel gauge showed 1/4 tank 1 mark above red mark indicator, lifted bonnet engine bay was a discrace with dirt then noticed wiring loom was taped up with blue blastic sheil to stop wires melting other side had audi heat sheild in orange then noticed loom by bulkhead had temp cable tired cover over wires would let me test drive it with out a deposit he would of had to move 3 cars to even get it out then noticed the tyres were on there wear indicators said 6month warenty then changed it to 12 with full service i said full service new plugs air fuils pollen filter oil said that would cost him, i chose to walk away politely ,

I would walk from any garage that won’t let you test drive or wants a deposit to test drive.
Doesn’t matter what the car, or how badly I wanted it.

Yep, walk away from that one. Of the wires have been played with who knows what issues you are gonna get, especially on a car with many gadgets.

phoned up on a jag x type estate AWD , what is it with car traders now 1st couple of question they ask , do you have part x , do you want finance

NO AND NO , cash buyer then said we could meet you in shrewsbury for you to look at car as it's by appointment only isnt that why i am ringing to come and see car and possible test drive that seller can fek right of

and garage say its been sericed in house or they have MOT'D IT yea right you just stamp the service book and write out new mot wonder how buyers check to see if new parts have been fitted ? and get 2nd mot done or at least a visaul check?

even NETWORK Q are bad at this 84 point check got dads car home did basic checks anyone can do this said had serivce parts so why was air filter black and pollen filter been check so why was there no pollen filter they checked it took pictures and complained got replacement filter tossers but they did cover injector that failed under warrenty,

why do garages cover number plate up when they are selling car on web ? when other cars in back ground sales car lot stock if you like do not have number plate coved bit pointless really going back to hinding something looked at a few more cars on line checked numbers where possible and road tax was £555 one was even 570quid for a 12 year old car that was for sale at 35000 so in a few years the tax will be as much as car is work but car could go on being used and mybe be come a classice but will be scrapped due to tax . no number plate cant check so not even going to waiste my time in makeing phone call,

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun buying a car. A lot of dodgy sellers by the sounds of it too.
Also there is a price for all the time you are spending on looking. We had a chap at work that would spend weeks trying to save something like £10 off his holiday, was all that effort really worth it. Perhaps just find a nice car at a reputable dealer, you may pay more but you have more comeback.

Still looking , but what saga with last car i looked at, is this a new think having to put a deposit down to book viewing and test drive? as i had to put a deposit down on a audi discription / pictures was good even seller said about rust on wings and said if i brought it they would sort them out, lots of service history low millaged so put deposit down said it was fully refundable got it in writing, when to look at car £5990 on advert and when we turned up it was £6990, soon as i saw that said not paying that, talking about body scratches these were not mentioned i had also asked if it was ok for me to jack the car up to look underneath yes it was ok saleman got in to move car exhaust blowing badly just pastd it's mot (how) all the wheels were badly curbs even the spare dad said did you look at rear sparewheel well from under neath hadnt got that far nice big rust spot by chassis then when i jacked car up feking hell more rust than car i kid you not and the exhaust fek the person that put gargum exhaust past on must of had shares in the stuff new complete cat back exhasut needed. went back to see salesman said not interested car not as discribed by e.mail or pictures so rund my deposted went away came back all done sir back in your bank acount i said no you havnt he said yes we just done it i said how as you not got my bank details it dont on my credit card oh you will get it back next week i said no we are not leave till i get my deposit back, he went and got machine to put refund back on car but not before saying you come a lone way would you like a deal he offered half price still not interested as i said full cat back exhaust is £1200 via e.bay showed him didnt like that wonder how many they cort out with the refund ????? so walked away from that car you imagine you brought the car on there say so about doing wings you take car into garage and they show you underneath you would be heart broken, the car would need every panel redune due to all the body scratches 2 front wings as passengerside in my eye was beyound repair easier to resplace than to spend time sorting, and to have two differant prices pee'd me of as well,
so still looking

Wow, there are come rogue people around. Good job you have your wits about you. Some people would have got conned by that guy.

Any dealer that’s wants a deposit to test drive I would walk away from. That said, with that many problems I’m surprised you got as far as a test drive.
Based on your description I would have vomited on the sales mans shoes and walked, no, run away!

There’s a lot of rogue sellers out there at the moment. I know of someone who put a deposit down on a car (subject to seeing it) as was 99.9% sure he was buying it. Arranged to go see it and do the deal only to find the seller had already sold it to someone else and later transpires he had three other peoples deposits too! That’s very naughty. But then personally I would not put a deposit down on something before seeing it especially if you don’t know that person!

Sounds like I was lucky paying for a car in full without seeing it.
What buyers are you going to Darren, do they have a car sakes lot or down an alley way?

All so far are big garages not looking at any private ones , websites via e.bay and autotrader then there own website then e.mail and calls then view car,
Biggest thing trying to find car is don't want diesel and no high road tax , around 2lt for a daily driver and upto around the 200quid mark for tax and not black as estate cars in black look like a hurst, , i did weeken and phoned up on a audi 4.2 v8 quattro estate ok was £325 road tax i was 7th in line to view 1st person brought it, but glad really as for a daily was abit much letting my heart rull my head . £8.5k limit really for a daily driver

Last edited:
LINK SHOULD COME UP WITH AUDI A4 QUOTTRO BLACK ESTATE 3K BUT AT£570 QUID FOR ROAD TAX NOT BUYING
2005 Audi A4 Fsi Quattro S Line ?3,00

And what is it with some adverts they put there bussiness name as the number when cars for sale in back ground are not covered ???????? so you cant check the MOT history before you contact garage and they tell you aload of B.S

Back