how much road tax???????????? fek

saleen 192

Core Member
I am looking for a replacement fast 4x4 estate car
saw this has everything i want for my buget i know there are a lot quicker cars out there but the road tax is a killer as you will see

2011 SKODA SUPERB ELEGANCE TSI 4X4 ESTATE 4X4 PETROL | eBa
s-l1600.jpg
£570 FOR ROAD TAX WOW

or this
2005 55 AUDI A6 3.1 FSI 4X4 QUATTRO S LINE 255 BHP ESTATE | eBa
s-l1600.jpg
this year will be £325 but what about next year when it goes up??

Jaguar X-Type se 4x4 AWD estate. 12 months mot | eBa
s-l1600.jpg
again £325 this year

SUV are in the same tax bracket or higher with a 2lt engine as was looking at theses but again the road tax is killing it,

even non 4x4 estates are £200quid upwards for a merc c glass180 or even a audi sline 2lt estate and then you have to watch model as it can jump to the 500 mark very quickly,

for this 2001 saab estate so 17 years old tax is £325 but car is cheap soon the tax will be more that cars are worth but are still good cars mechanically,
Saab 9-5 Aero Estate 2.3 HOT Turbo Petrol Automatic | eBa
s-l1600.jpg
i have seen the tax for the cars above the 500quid mark

Know i like this audi but £300 road tax and 178k miles this will be expensive to repair as with that high millage car will be having problems soon?
Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI (220PS) S-Line Special Edition 5dr | eBa

Last edited:
Road tax started being levied on engine size and emissions in 2000/2001 I think.
To avoid you need to buy something earlier or something imported.

mine is £540 per year. :(. but it was an error on import.

I am trying to sort it out with DVLA but I doubt they will admit they did something wrong!

A twinscroll legacy is 245 tax but pile of shit not much support here for jap imports even main dealers frown away from them,

the appentice at work has a mondeo estate well did have sold it now and has a focus well girlfriend has both with same engine and two differant tax bands 220 and 30quid how do they work that out feking stupid,

TA made before march 2001, Road tax is £245 ish.
Kia just taxed that a few days ago, that was £20, it was meant to be free, however die to the VW emmisions all cars seems to get re-evaluated, they re classed the Kia to be 105 instead of 95. at the time of buying it.

I did have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD for a while which was also expensive on tax and a joke on fuel for a diesel...19mpg! Ridiculous, I may as well have had the V8! lol. I got rid of that and now have a 56 Honda CRV 2200 turbo diesel. I know you are after an estate but it is lovely to drive, pulls like a train and does a tad under 40mpg combined... and even around 36 towing a caravan! And there aint much to beat a Honda for reliability. The tax is £260 a year too.

dad has a dacia duster have driven it a few times it's ok bit wollowy on bends had a diesel injector fail under warrenty acording to renault it has to be programmed, dad likes it but not for me but for an suv its ok there are a few suv out there that are not to bad .
i do like this
2001 51 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4.7 60TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED 5D AUTO 220 BHP | eBa

but £325 tax this year what will next year be ??????????????????????????

Last edited:
dad has a dacia duster have driven it a few times it's ok bit wollowy on bends had a diesel injector fail under warrenty acording to renault it has to be programmed, dad likes it but not for me but for an suv its ok there are a few suv out there that are not to bad .
i do like this
2001 51 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4.7 60TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED 5D AUTO 220 BHP | eBa

but £325 tax this year what will next year be ??????????????????????????

That Jeep looks nice. I've never driven a duster but my CRV isn't wollowy at all, it handles very well. I have to say better than the Jeep GC I had if I'm honest. I wouldn't say that was wollowy exactly, just had a fair bit of body roll compard to the CRV. But as I say, the appaling fuel consumption was the big issue for me.

I like these but still unsure have test driven one a few months back, tax is £200 more resonable price but got to the next engine size up and the tax is over £300 but there are alot of diesel cars out there at the moment people of loading them due to bed press? i don't want a diesel dont know enough about them, who wants diesel anyway when you run yanktanks lol,,
Mercedes C Class C180 BLUEEFFICIENCY SPORT EDITION 125 | eBa
s-l1600.jpg

I like these but still unsure have test driven one a few months back, tax is £200 more resonable price but got to the next engine size up and the tax is over £300 but there are alot of diesel cars out there at the moment people of loading them due to bed press? i don't want a diesel dont know enough about them, who wants diesel anyway when you run yanktanks lol,,
s-l1600.jpg

That Merc looks nice too!! I was looking at getting an E320 estate, but had been warned about reliability and expensive parts by a couple of garage owner mates. Yeah, I think the tax changes to diesels have scared a lot of people off too. I must admit, I'm not to too keen on diesels either TBH, but I've not found anything petrol that will pull our caravan and still give good MPG all year round. I've considered an LPG petrol, but they have their drawbacks.

I’m running about in an 2009 micra 1.5 tdi 650-700 miles to a tank £30 per year tax , way to much power for you Daren!!! Wot with them Welsh road and sheep, stop moaning and buy wot you want!!!lol

s-l1600.jpg

Room for a few sheep in the back of there. One in the front
Sheep_in_car.jpg

and a boot load in the back.
sheep_in_car2.jpg
I'm sure you could get some on the back seat too.

LMAO

:heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:

I saw that on the news. Apparently the bloke got away in a Saleen Mustang :mullet: chased by a copper on bicycle. He only got away when the bicycle got a puncture!!
The sheep are receiving counselling and the morning after pill!

:clown:

LMAO :rofl::rofl::biggrin::biggrin::laugh::laugh::lol::lol:

LMAO

:thumb::eyebrows::clap2::clap2::clap2::becky::becky::becky::becky:

Last edited:
Just get yourself a nice MkII Granada Estate with the 2.8
Better looking and if you look after it it will appreciate in value.

Back