Great British Garden Revival

Supposed to be this stuff.....

001-1.jpg

.....Frogs spawn, saw this up the woods tuther day.

all the black dots in little round balls in center of picture the wild pond is full of frog spawn alot more than we had last year ,

all the black dots in little round balls in center of picture the wild pond is full of frog spawn alot more than we had last year ,

Down by the lakes yesterday lunch time

E77B6680-76A6-4E46-9245-2909E85CE8E4.jpeg

Had a couple of goldfinch at the front of the house - couldn’t get a great picture unfortunately.
Here is a stock photo though:
91737D70-2E5C-42D5-BB29-D91ACB2B67CB.jpeg

Not sure if this counts for this thread, but I did just take it from my garden lol :giggle:
It was taken through one of my telescopes with my smartphone. This is at 48x magnification, binoculars are typically 7x or 10x...
IMG_20200329_205712_828.jpg

Great pic whatever the thread!

You should try aiming your lens at the Moon Chris, you seem to be a dab hand with a camera and the captured image! ?
I have done with mixed results. I only have a cheap tripod and could do with a longer lense or maybe a converter but can't really justify it for such occasional use. Or maybe a telescope. This is about the best I could manage some years ago, again cropped and resized.....

16091401.jpg

you get some really good closeup shots chris well done

Thanks Darren, Most of my pictures on here are cropped and resized for clarity. Otherwise you would not see much. Below is the original shot but resiized to fit on here.....

20040603.jpg

I have done with mixed results. I only have a cheap tripod and could do with a longer lense or maybe a converter but can't really justify it for such occasional use. Or maybe a telescope. This is about the best I could manage some years ago, again cropped and resized.....

View attachment 159428
That's excellent Chris! It shows some really good detail for an almost full Moon shot. You can get even more detail when photographing around a half Moon phase, particularly where the light meets the dark part (which is called the terminator). That really shows up the contrast of the craters and mountains.

I tried some Moon shots tonight but out of focus, I think too many clouds to blame.

Back