Great British Garden Revival

Saw this up the woods yeterday.....

007-1.jpg

.....Some distance away hence the poor quality.

Fek well done chris for taking that photo

Good shot. Hard to get a good photo of a bird.
IMG_20190817_161624.jpg this was my poor attempt at the weekend.

Dan if sky wasn't overcast that would have been a great photo shot

A lot of mine turn out like that. A solid background is a big help.

Dan if sky wasn't overcast that would have been a great photo shot

I was in max of 10x zoom. Tryingvto hold steady. Therecwas another circling around, they appeared to be talking to each other. It had a very large wingspan. Some sort of bird of prey.

If it sounded like the second part of a "Wolf whistle", it was probably a Buzzard.

If it sounded like the second part of a "Wolf whistle", it was probably a Buzzard.
Yes, you are probably right. It did sound like that. I'll try to get a better photos at the weekend.
Found a video I recorded, it does a screech at around 4 seconds into the video, very windy so most of the noise is wind.
[video=youtube;CaNxi3XqZhI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaNxi3XqZhI[/video]

Yes, that's a buzzard, quite common these days.

I went to my garage the other night and under the floodlight I saw something lizard like on the ground. When I bent down to look, it was a little newt. I took this picture of it. He's quite well camouflaged on the mossy concrete, but you can cleary see his eyes. He didn't move all the time I was looking so I thought he was dead. But he was gone next morning. I've had this happen before in our garden. He may have been eaten by something but apparently they often play dead if seen! lol
IMG_20191113_175621235.jpg

Only one horse power just up the road from me today on way home

Attachments

• IMG-20191203-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20191203-WA0005.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 5
saw this up the woods today.....

191203.jpg

Cropped and resized for clarity.

Well I was in a Ford but not the mustang lol.

By the kitchen window this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_20200104_081932.jpg
    IMG_20200104_081932.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
Just spotted this cheeky old fox sitting in the garden. Took the first shot just with my mobile phone, then grabbed my binoculars and held the phone up to them. It's a little blurry and vignetted but you can see his markings quite well. He then saw me and legged it! lol
Screenshot_20200128-160042.png
Screenshot_20200128-155822.png

Great shot through the lense god idea and we'll timed

Thanks guys. Yeah, it's always interesting to see them. We've seen what we believe is a family of them and presumably this one is the Dad, he looks the biggest.

I keep checking the pit, no animals in there yet.

Back