Great British Garden Revival

First Newts of the year spotted today.....

220103.jpg

.....Earliest Ive seen one, must be the unusualy warm weather.

Agree warm at moment birds are looking to nest mate. Lots of birds around at the moment. And plants starting to show growth. Could be in for a shock if this snow comes

Spotted some deer in the woods today.
Saw them shortly after this crossing the path, was 4 of them.

Nice vid 👍👍

Good spot, not seen any for ages.

Edit, forgot to press 'Post reply' earlier.....Doh!

Saw this up the woods today.....

220310.jpg

.....Kestral (I think).

Nice shot as always

Frog sprawn again this year
IMG_20220319_132101.jpg

IMG_20220319_132031.jpg

I usually see some in stanstead woods but not seen any yet this year.

I've not seen any yet either.

i walked into the wild area and heard the frogs/toads croking but they went deep into the ponds but alot of frog spawn this year,

Dads said he saw a newt in the wild pond when i got home today so just gone and had a look chris think i will need your camera as saw two tonight but they were in the bottom of the wild pond will keep on looking might see them on the top or trying to escape to wild areas ?

I think they only stay close to the surface or edge of the pond when they are young. As they get older they go deeper to avoid predators. Eventualy they leave the pond and live most of there lives out of water, returning to the pond to mate in early Spring (Or January in my experience this year).

For more info, ask Chris Peckham or David Attenburger.

Sheep were cold this morning
IMG_20220401_065934.jpg

i have there brother and sisters in the freezer (y). i didrescue a baby lamb on the road the other night on the way home picked it up and put over the fence into field so it could be with its mummy, as its lambing season at the mo,

Managed to catch frog toad with camera today
IMG_20220403_150308.jpg

IMG_20220403_150309.jpg

Back