Grand Prix

My first drivable American car :) :)

It might be undesirable to some, but that doesn't really seem much for what looks like quite a tidy classic American car.
Cars like that make enjoyable first Yanks for those who don't have much money and want to get into doing a few shows and cruises.

Last edited:
It might be undesirable to some, but that doesn't really seem much for what looks like quite a tidy classic American car.
Cars like that make enjoyable first Yanks for those who don't have much money and want to get into doing a few shows and cruises.

I actually thought about buying it as a Daily. I don't mind it too much, just needs some stripes!

I actually thought about buying it as a Daily. I don't mind it too much, just needs some stripes!
They are front wheel drive but that's fine unless you plan on drifting or doing track days lol. It does look quite tidy for the year but a viewing would confirm that - and that it drives OK and doesn't leak, smoke, rattle or is rotten underneath lol. From my experience, the selling format suggests that he may accept a bid on viewing.

Undesirable is a matter of opinion,TBH i wouldn't be surprised if you waved cash at the seller it maybe cheaper although he says he isn't giving it away, there is a lot worse out there for 2-2500

Undesirable is a matter of opinion,TBH i wouldn't be surprised if you waved cash at the seller it maybe cheaper although he says he isn't giving it away, there is a lot worse out there for 2-2500

Having had experience trying to sell one, and a lot cheaper than that, I can say the market is small. By no means an enthusiasts car nor collectible and for transport there are far better options.
Now a later GP with the supercharged 3.8, is a very different story.

Having had experience trying to sell one, and a lot cheaper than that, I can say the market is small. By no means an enthusiasts car nor collectible and for transport there are far better options.
Now a later GP with the supercharged 3.8, is a very different story.
How many years ago was it that you tried to sell one?
Regarding how collectable, classic cars are very subjective. Agreed re the supercharged 3.8, but you'd be lucky to find one in that condition for that money....or even lucky to find one in the UK actually! lol

When work send me over to the states its probably the only American car I see. Loads of trucks, loads of BMWs, few jeeps. You would see atleast one GrandPrix a day. However you hardly ever see them in the UK. Personally I prefer something different rather than turning up to a show with many people of the same car. Went to Wheels day once and there were 20+ '57 chevy belairs in a line, they may be worth a lot and if it wasn't for the resale value I would prefer to be different and in the GrandPrix than blend in with the Belair crowd.

Last edited:
When work send me over to the states its probably the only American car I see. Loads of trucks, loads of BMWs, few jeeps. You would see atleast one GrandPrix a day. However you hardly ever see them in the UK. Personally I prefer something different rather than turning up to a show with many people of the same car. Went to Wheels day once and there were 20+ '57 chevy belairs in a line, they may be worth a lot and if it wasn't for the resale value I would prefer to be different and in the GrandPrix than blend in with the Belair crowd.
Well said 👍
Also, our cars are about what they mean to us personally, not anybody else. There are a few sad car show snobs around with bigoted, elitest attitudes who turn their noses up at what others drive. But fortunately, most of us aren't like that 😆
I say if you like it, buy it and drive it! 👌

Back