Gone and done it....

That's great news. :)
Good luck in the hunt for a Trans-Am. I was looking for some earlier, there were in the states though. May be worth considering as you could choose one from a dry state.

I have also been looking but shipping, import duties, iva, registration and transport fees etc eat into the budget.
If I have found nothing by November I will start a stateside hunt but for now those already here will get checked out first.
Now, concours or hot rod?

Wow after a gen 2 good luck in your hunt, me think you want unmerlested not played with ?? Cant beleave you sold vette .good luck

Nice one Dave, was this the person who saw it at Lazy Sunday?

Wow after a gen 2 good luck in your hunt, me think you want unmerlested not played with ?? Cant beleave you sold vette .good luck

I have always loved 2nd gen 'birds. I have had two in the past before I went modern with the LT1 and then the Vette.
I want rust free and nice paint because i don't weld and I don't do bodywork. Anything mechanical I can handle.
Unmolested not neccesarily - if a solid 'bird was cheap enough i might go for it and build it with modern suspension and underpinnings and later on swap out the engine too.
My priority is a solid rust free foundation and if that means I pay top dollar for a concours model then fine.

Last edited:
It was a restored 74 Firebird Formula 350. Turns out it's not even in the country or registered here.
Nice but I'm not yet prepared to travel abroad for one yet

It is indeed - quite sad but exciting things ahead :)

Back