Garage Plans

Added to my garage drawing tonight.got an idea of brick count. Has a door and window. I have a quote for the garage door and the pit now. It's all coming together.

Dont for get quote for electrical work as well . 10mm or 16mm 3c swa own supply from house board and not piggy backed of another cct . then garage fusebix sockets lights security lighting separate feed from garage board for welder 2way lighting supply for from garage board for pit lights and power be home from home

I can do that muself, piggy back from the house lighting circuit, twist the wires together and insulate with tape. So 2 core speaker cable will be a cost effective way of getting mains power to the garage. I have it all planned. Lol.

One day I may get an electric car. When buying the car they do offer insulation of a charging point. I wonder how much I should consider now. The cable from house to garage will have to be beefy. As the car manufacturer offers instalation perhaps it's something to not worry about and they can run in an additional cable at a later date.
I'll get a dust board, well an RCB setup. Do you put an earth spike in the garage and use that earth, or solely run on the earth from the house?

would you like to borrow my concrete mixer, need to get it done by the time the respray is finished.

would you like to borrow my concrete mixer, need to get it done by the time the respray is finished.

Thanks for the offer. Yeah I need the garage done pretty quick. Pit takes around 2 to 3cweeks to arrive.

Been looking at network too. Burying mains cable, going to put Internet cable with it. Due to noise on mains going to run fibre optic. Been pricing up all sorts today. Its coming together. :)

You can put a charging point on the swa that you are using it will take it, the one's we did a few years ago were 16a swa via a commodo point whitch was rcbo protected,but nowadays they have a purpose built plug switch isolator unit built as a all in one unit just desisde which side oF garage you will need it and put cablerling in ready to consumer unit in garage,

just don't get yourself confused with the differant protection devices MCB - RCB - RCBO (BS 60898 AND BS 61009)

Last edited:
Seems like a foreign language.

I'll just buy what you recommend.

Fibre sounds excessive for the garage. Just put a run of shielded cat6 in. In fact, run two just in case!
Yeah a bit of an over kill for 20 meters. I'll be getting the cheaper media converters which are 1gbit, only 200-500meters instead of 10km.

I feel sorry for the six cats running up and down with messages!

As you'll be burrying cables Dan, what about a water supply? Might be handy having a tap by the garage for washing cars on the drive.

As you'll be burrying cables Dan, what about a water supply? Might be handy having a tap by the garage for washing cars on the drive.

I did think of having a sink, but then drainage would be an issue, however having a tap on the side of the garage could be very useful. I can run that in too. Great idea.

What for? His gas axe lol

No, to dispose of Dans personal gas after he’s been running!!!!!
Sarah knows!! ;)
Dispose of it!?, it needs bottling and run the vehicles on it like moonshine.

I feel sorry for the six cats running up and down with messages!

Cats are faster the pigeons for short distance, you don't want to mix the two, gets a bit messy.