FIA seize parts of Ferrari fuel system

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Sebastian-Vettel-Ferrari-PA-700x367.jpg

The Ferrari engine controversy is refusing to die down with the FIA reportedly seizing “parts of the fuel system” from the SF90 as well as a customer.

The FIA then issued a Technical Directive on the matter, highlighting Article 5.10.5 which states that “any device, system or procedure the purpose and/or effect of which is to increase the flow rate or to store and recycle fuel after the measurement point is prohibited.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/fia-seize-parts-of-ferrari-fuel-system/

Crikey, that site was a bit loaded with ads, it jammed my phone up for a while lol.

Interesting. Ferrari did suddenly seem to be more competitive didn't they. Makes you wonder how much bending of the rules goes on in F1 undetected.
It will be interesting to see the outcome of the FIA's analysis of Ferrari's parts. I wonder if they will be docked points if found guilty?What a bummer for the drivers if they knew nothing about it.

Something has been lost in F1 over the years. It used to be a development of the best, and some of these ideas filtered down into road vehicles.
If an F1 team has found a efficient way to deliver fuel why should that not be allowed? Surely they have made an improvement to make more power with the same size engine, and any team could develop that.
They seem very strict now on any development.
Eventually every car will be identical and driven by machines, when that happens they have lost everything F1 was about.

It's a good point, teams should be allowed to make changes that improve efficiency. Some road car advances still probably come from F1 but I think what the FIA don't like is when teams secretly do it mid season to get an advantage over the others lol.
Yeah, F1 has moved a long way from what it was. In the early days it seemed much more about pure guts and driving. Whereas today there is so much technical gadgetry. One day it will probably go all electric which I won't look forward to.

Back