Driving Test

I was given a MK 1 cavalier for passing my test. It was falling apart, the exhaust fell off on a speed hump and just rocked in the road behind me. Then the clutch went. I brought a wreck of an Opel Manta, one side was 2inches shorter than the other. The opel manta was still in better condition than the Cavalier. The engine was a 130sri engine, somehow they converted it from a front wheel drive engine to a rear by using parts from a Carlton. That went well. After all the months of work, getting it painted a striking yellow and tinting the windows so you couldn't see in or out. I only drove it for around 6 months, as I came across a 3rd Gen Firebird for sale, I thought it was a bargain for ?3750, for the look of the car it looked great, first one I saw up close, i brought it, found it was a left hand drive after I paid for it. Was great to drive home. Thats what started my liking of American cars. I didn't know of the Renegades back then, would have been around 13 years ago. I parked the car at work on a daily basis. Martyn with the NYPD police car was doing work on the building opposite, he invited me along to a club gathering (although wasn't the renegades back then) and thats how i got into the club, and have an American car on the road ever since.

Back