Dragstalgia 2014 Santa Pod Raceway

We saw this Plymouth right opposite our tent, it did look very nice indeed.
attachment.php

Thought I found the Cuda then, It was a Charger though.
attachment.php

I think a Cuda was there as when I saw it I thought of Carls Cuda, but cant recall what colour it was, I've looked though the photos, it could be there, haven't seen it in there though.

Havent been on for a while been busy.....anyways Dragstalgia wow that was awesome! I got loadsa pics but cant upload them on here with my phone and not got internet set up in my new place yet!!!
Thats gotta be the best race event in a looooong time!!!
Split up the previous month, then my son couldnt go because he was out with his mates celebrating passing hi first year of car mechanics and my uncle was busy working on a race car so was on my lonesome....which just gave me more time to look around, watch racing and of course watch the Snake and Mongoose film without any questions etc lol
Cant wait til next year! It seems bad enough waiting for the finals in september let alone next summer :)

I'm glad you loved it, I had the best weekend at Santa Pod this time around compared to all the other times I've been. Snake And Mongoose, laid on the grass bank finished Saturday off perfectly I reckon :D

Roll on September!!

We were in the red and black 64 Ranchero at the drive in movie with our pizzas and beer! What an awesome weekend!

Spent a bit of time with Paul Houston and Mark Todd and their respective Street Eliminator cars, Kirstie (Euro dragster) even got a ride in Mark's GTO which is not fair as I wanted a go ahaha but it was her birthday.

Epic weekend all round, lots of beer and some great race action from Rat Trap and Pure Hell, wow those guys are mental!

Spotted the red Trans Am in the car park as we drove out but did't see any Solents whilst we were there, but then again I only know what Saleen looks like haha

Spotted the red Trans Am in the car park as we drove out but did't see any Solents whilst we were there, but then again I only know what Saleen looks like haha
There wasn't many of us there, 6.5 of us (the .5 being one was little) They were in the normal cars. Hopefully more of us will be up at the Euro Finals. Me and Sarah watched like 10 hours racing straight. What great fun. The drive in movie was awesome, we sat on the bank behind the 60's GTO.
One of our members ran Pauls-Place, a local engine repair place, he tunes on of the drag racing cars, so a few of our members got to know the team. Which was great, we popped round there for a bit, but didn't want to miss to much of the racing so got back to track side.

I loved that weekend. I saw Andy's Camaro but didn't catch any of you guys, same as you really, don't know what people look like lol.

Well if we are all going up in September we should put pics on of ourselves so we know everyone before hand. Must admit i did think about wearing a t-shirt but too late by the time i got there. Loads more Renegades going in Sept but we are going 19th/20th/21st finals. Will be with our good friends Team Gridlock again. Such a fab experience crewing rather than watching :)

Not to be confused with the European finals, the big event. Good idea about t-shirts. I will wear my club one at the euro finals. It was good to catch up with Adam (team gridlock) again, not seen him for a while since I went up there with Paul. A Good bunch. :)

FIA Euro Finals, Thursday 4th to Sun 7th September
Santa Pod Raceway - Events - European Finals

National Finals, Sat 20th - Sun 21st September
Santa Pod Raceway - Events - National Finals

Me and Sarah already have tickets for the Euro finals, so we will definately be at that one. :p

Last edited:
Yeah it gets confusing with all these finals but we will be at the national Finals

The chap who does our MOT'ing is the same guy who raced at Dragstalgia.
I got it wrong - his car is not a 'Cuda but a Duster and he won his class.
Got any photo's of this car?

kiwi.jpg

I checked out Eurodragster.com to check out results/photos and I have some!!

023.jpg

181.jpg

340.jpg

Of course not. I can always email you the original images as they are larger than the ones I upload on the forum?

That would be great Sarah thanks ;) ;). I'm sure he would live them :)

hi that was a superb weekend and looking forward to next year.ive not been about for a while but back up on the scene again now a bit late in the season I know was nice to get the best in show award as well so all round good weekend up there

Hi 34 Ford, we are going up to the pod for the Euro Finals weekend, up there on Thursday 4th till the end of the weekend. It was a good weekend up there, and good to sell all the old Dragsters, and wasn't rammed busy like the huige events.

hi dan yes a truly great weekend and the weather held up plenty of thrills with rat trap and pure hell getting a little close on one of there runs taking out the time markers