Curios Corner (Architectural and Otherwise)

Wow, all them places to park. Great seeing old videos like this, 38 years ago. How large would the video camera be back then?

Some of the roads havn't change much at all, even along th seafront, the padestrian crossing are in the same spot. Parking has changed a little, lot more spaces then and few cars, now people have more card, but they have arraged the spaces to be longways to have a cycle path between the wall and parked cars.
Yeah, good point about the size of the video camera used to film that! Probably massive! 😆. And most likely a separate camera and recorder connected by a big cable! Lol. There were no GoPros then!

Indeed, most of the road layout looks unchanged. Although, some of the buildings you can see are gone now, like the old houses in the Cumberland Road area of Somers Town. Also, where they pull out of the cobbled side road in old Portsmouth (on the cruise route), there is a big old shed building opposite. There are new posh flats there now. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that used to be an old tram or trolley bus shed? Does anyone know more?

Yeah, good point about the size of the video camera used to film that! Probably massive! 😆. And most likely a separate camera and recorder connected by a big cable! Lol. There were no GoPros then!

Indeed, most of the road layout looks unchanged. Although, some of the buildings you can see are gone now, like the old houses in the Cumberland Road area of Somers Town. Also, where they pull out of the cobbled side road in old Portsmouth (on the cruise route), there is a big old shed building opposite. There are new posh flats there now. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that used to be an old tram or trolley bus shed? Does anyone know more?

I think it was an old tram shed. I’ll see if I can find any more info.

Wall paintings from circa 1570 from a site meeting in Winchester this morning.

EBDB8565-D11B-48EA-9931-8534EB76DFAC.jpeg

018B67A9-E8CC-4E4F-B610-D5D16CECD92C.jpeg
7B94FB34-2B7E-4175-B735-950B9767C4F8.jpeg

9212FA32-7461-41F6-A2F5-7FF31EA90DAC.jpeg

Hard to tell from here but if they are religous images, they were probably painted over during the Reformation.

Back