Cranleigh Lions Classic Car Show & Autojumble 9th Aug 2020

Added to Calendar: 09-08-20

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Show hosts over 1,000 classic vehicles of all shapes and sizes and a large autojumble, plus attractions for all the family, including:
  • Arena events,
  • Craft, antique and collectables stalls
  • Great food and a licensed bar
  • Festival music
  • Children’s rides and entertainment
https://www.cranleighlions.org/events/classic-car-show/

Dammit, I need to sell at a radio rally and it’s either 9 Aug or 26 April. I was aiming for the 9 Aug as I wasn’t missing a car show - now what?

Well Crainliegh is mainly classics of over 20 years, but I see on the entry form it has a drop down box for American. Crainleigh does have an auto jumble too, perhaps you can sell there?

I have entered and paid for the entrance fee of £6 which covers the car, driver and passenger. :) I have had confirmation already.

Always been a good show

Email from the Cranleigh organisers

Owing to the continued ban on mass gatherings and the uncertainty surrounding the future of large public events, the Car Show Committee regret to announce the cancellation of the Cranleigh Lions Classic Car Show 2020.
Unfortunately, there is no indication of when, or even if, large events will be allowed to resume. It is also apparent that when events are allowed to proceed, requirements for social distancing and the implementation of other public safety measures will make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to run the event in its current form.
We are all bitterly disappointed it has come to this inevitable conclusion and we will miss meeting up with you for this year's show, which would have been our 19th annual show. Our plans are to start up again in 2021 with our show being scheduled for August and we will announce the date later in the year. Please make sure you have registered for our Car Show Newsletter www.cranleighlions.org/events/classic-car-show and you can also follow us on social media, or our website www.cranleighlions.org for up to date information on our 2021 show.
Thank you for registering your classic vehicle for this year's Cranleigh Lions Classic Car Show. It is a shame that we will not be seeing you this year and we hope we will see you at next year's show.
As you may know the Cranleigh Lions organise events such as our Classic Car Show to raise money to help individuals, families and charitable organisations that need help. The Classic Car Show is our biggest fundraiser and without it we are not going to be able to help as many people as we would normally and at a time when our support is in high demand. With that in mind there are three options for your registration fee.
  1. We can hold your registration over until the 2021 Classic Car Show
  2. You can donate your registration to the Cranleigh Lions welfare fund so we can continue to provide support over the next 12 months
  3. Ask for a refund, which will be returned to the credit or debit card you paid on
If you choose option 1 you don't need to do anything, we will roll over your registration to 2021 and send out new tickets after the 2021 date has been confirmed.
For options 2 and 3 please email your name, ticket number, and vehicle registration to carshow@cranleighlions.org and we will take the necessary action.
Thank you for your continued support of the Cranleigh Lions and our Classic Car Show. If you would like to help us in our work in this difficult time, you can make a donation to Cranleigh & District Lions Club online at www.cranleighlions.org/help-us/donate. We guarantee that every penny you donate will go directly to help people in need.
We look forward to better times in 2021.
Kind regards
Cranleigh Lions Classic Car Team
www.cranleighlions.org/events/classic-car-show

thanks for posting, shame but think all show for this year will end up like this, roll on 2021

thanks for posting, shame but think all show for this year will end up like this, roll on 2021

Im in agreement. I think we can write this years show season off, and next years will likely look different with limited attendance numbers depending on the size of event.

I think we can write this years show season off,

Yes i agree there,,,same for my Bands, we have scrapped this year as bars etc will be monitored closely when they do open and we don't play any venue that would allow the members to social distance on stage anyway....No CAR SHOWS...GIGS,,,OFF WORK,,,,,, Go and do one coronavirus?

I understand the requirement for social distancing but when does it end?
When there is a vaccine?
When there is a cure?
When we all have herd immunity?
The damage to the economy is enormous and the longer it goes on the more people are likely to ignore social distancing, and undo what’s been achieved. We have this weekend for the first time, and with a car meet is coming up.....
Some clarity is required and for me that’s more than a spying app on a mobile phone pretending to be a covid-19 proximity warning.

This social distancing have reduced the common cold. I havn't known anyone this year to have had the common cold.

There will never be a vaccine will there? Its a Cold and Flu virus, we have had them for decades or perhaps century's and never had a cure. This has always been bad for the vulnerable.

Where will it end? If there is never a cure, will things ever be the same again?

Very bad for the economy, government paying out 80% wages is a huge amount, and who pays for that in the end? Tax payers or will they send the bill to China?

There will never be a vaccine will there? Its a Cold and Flu virus, we have had them for decades or perhaps century's and never had a cure. This has always been bad for the vulnerable.

Where will it end? If there is never a cure, will things ever be the same again?

So, has the lockdown been a waste of time and money? If there will never be a cure or vaccine then herd immunity is what’s needed. Which means all we have done is delay the inevitable deaths, and spread the load on the NHS over a longer period. And at what cost? The economic impact will take years to recover, taxes will rise, businesses will have folded and unemployment will continue to rise.

Back