Club night CANCELLED 5th Jan

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Due to dangerous weather we have decided to not attend club night tonight. Steve is phoning around as many people as possible to let them know.

We will need to decided weather we move it to next week or just miss this week.

Good call Dan!

I love a drive in the snow as you know, but not with other cars on the road. Or should I say... drivers !!!
It's unbelievable how fast some people still try to go in these conditions! Particulrly scary when you are only in a Mini !
Club night next Tuesday sounds good to me. Let's hope it's cleared up by then.

Take care out there everyone : )

Helens still not home from work yet, she works near Botlet and left at 5pm. She is near eastern road now, motorway gridlocked and A3(M), radio says dont attempt to go up portsdown hill, so she is going to see if there is a room at the hotel on Eastern road.

The night is getting longer. Got a phone call around 23.45, there is an alarm fault at work. I have welked to work as its just not safe to hope in the mad machine. Turns out the alarm detected a glitch on the mains power. Not I've gotta walk all the way home. Feel knackered already, so difficult to walk in that snow. Shooes are full of water, the snow is starting to melt out there, under the snow is puddles of water, which seems to make it even more difficult to walk on.
Hope everyone made it home okay.

Night night all.

We had a power cut down here last night and flickerig lights now and then. Could have caused your works alarm to go off.

Ours have been flicking all morning, no fun when you have a lec cooker with a chicken pie trying to cook in it, anyway please keep warm and safe xx

At least you have back up Gas heating and water. We are all electric and only have candles. Bit hard to cook a sausage over one of them. So if we have power cuts expect me & H on the doorstep mother!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying there un-scheduled day off and enjoying the snow but please be safe if you should have the need to go out.

Took a couple of photos of the snow. Hasn't been this good for 20 years. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4523.jpg
    IMG_4523.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_4510.jpg
    IMG_4510.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 395
So Dan are the snowpeople your creation ? Very good x 1963 always stays in my mind, couldnt go to school as we lived on a farm and were completely cut off from the outside world. Scary stuff, because all the water pipes froze and we still had all the cattle and various animals to feed. Thems were the days ha ha xx

hi all :) hope you had a nice day off :D i sure did. the snow was probably about 30cm here. was really cold haha. jan, what was it like in gosport?

had absolutly b*gger all snow here. just very cold and now really icy. Did I have a day off? Did anyone want to buy a tent? Did I have to cancel 2 driving school pupils tonight? No, No, Yes. What a rubbish day!

So Dan are the snowpeople your creation ? Very good x 1963 always stays in my mind, couldnt go to school as we lived on a farm and were completely cut off from the outside world. Scary stuff, because all the water pipes froze and we still had all the cattle and various animals to feed. Thems were the days ha ha xx

Yep, myself and Helen made the snowmen. I wanted to use all the snow in the garden to make a huge one, but settled for a couple of small ones. Notice the red on the small one, that is touch up paint for the Trans-Am. Was great fun, reminded me of my childhood. Brought back great memories.

Sounds scary being on a farm with no water and cattle to feed. I bet the cattle didn't appreciate cold hands when being milked.

had absolutly b*gger all snow here. just very cold and now really icy. Did I have a day off? Did anyone want to buy a tent? Did I have to cancel 2 driving school pupils tonight? No, No, Yes. What a rubbish day!

Hopefully today will be better for you. Perhaps you could offer advanced driving lessons to teach them how to drive in the ice so its not so much of a surprise when they have to do it for real.

Dont know if the cows liked it or not, never asked them !! Actually we had top of the range milking machines, normally known as a bucket 3 corned stool and a farm labourer ha ha!! No, ours were milked by electronic machines, cows totally relaxed eating hay whilst being milked, nothing but the best for our girls, wish I had a cow now, Id willingly milk her rather than risk walking to shops to be told they have sold out.Handy tip though, evaporated milk , 1 part milk 2 parts water is the same taste as full fat milk !! For my next trick !!!!! take care

Its cold and very icy outside Jack, -8 this morning, pretty much the same as where you are babe. keep warm xx

Don'y worry AJ i will :) Been out sledding today. Is there going to be more snow tomorrow?

Not sure about tomorrow but they forecast more for the weekend babe, have fun be safe xx:p

Next club night is 19th Jan.
Was weighting up the thoughts of tonight, but was weather hasn't improved and short notice and changing diary dates. We thought it would be best to keep club nights on the usual days. Last week was the first club night that has been cancelled in the whole 10 years.

Back