Cleaned the Air filter

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
I have a K&N washable air filter for the Trans-Am. The liquid cleaner and oil was in the garage all ready. The garage door needs attention as the wood is crumbling away, someone will be going to sort that on Monday, need to get the Camaro out of there to make it easier to work on. Anyway this blog is about the air filter.
Its been a nice hot day today, so drying the filter wont take long. I read the instructions although I've cleaned the filter many times before. So I pick up the bottle that says Air Filter Cleaner and begin to apply to the filter. Left it 10mins then washed it off with water. The fluid is designed to lift the dirt. So I was it off and hang it on the washing line. Had to jump and reach the line, but I got it in the end and it was a bit of fun too, especially in the heat.
While the hood is up on the Trans-Am, I get a cotton but to clean of the elements in the MAF sensor. They weren't too bad, but as the air lid ws off it seemed like a good time to do it.
The air filter is now dry. So I get ready to put the oil on it. but hand on, the other one said Air Cleaner Fliud, the one I put on to clean it I see is Air Filter Cleaner Oil, arggh, I think what fooled me is the description, plus these bottles were replacement ones, not the original ones which go with the instructions. Anyway, this meant I had to do the process again. Cleaner fluid on (yes got the right one this time) and waited, then rinsed off, hang on the line (yep more jumping). The sun is going down so its not drying as quick.
After an hour I pop on the oil, leave it for a while. Well I'm not using the car till morning now, so I lock up the car and bring in the filter and air lid, to let it seep in overnight. I'll pop it on in the morning.

Back