cb radio

Yeah I remember that, and I sadly missed it as got sent to the USA. I mentioned to about 5 of the Americans I worked with about this cruise as Burt Reynolds has passed, 3 out of them 5 hadn't heard of him.
If they do another cruise I would be interested.

Why don't we organise one? Solent Renegades M25 Bandit Memorial Cruise, could be an annual event. Invite as many American car clubs as possible and get people to register in advance for a charity donation. The last VW one I did grew from nothing to nearly 1000 cars in just three years.

Why don't we organise one? Solent Renegades M25 Bandit Memorial Cruise, could be an annual event. Invite as many American car clubs as possible and get people to register in advance for a charity donation. The last VW one I did grew from nothing to nearly 1000 cars in just three years.
Wow! That would be awesome!! I can't remember what club organised the one I went on, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do something similar on the anniversary of Bert's death in September. I will look into it.
But to comment on your point about putting a CB radio in your car, indeed, it might be a laugh if a few of us had CB's in our cars for our runs and cruises. Mine is still in the Grand Prix.
One of the high points of that M25 run was as we passed the A3 Wisely services just before the M25, a Snowman's truck replica was parked up with Richard's Dodge police car behind it! That was quite a sight! In a Smokey And The Bandit like way and as a joke, I grabbed the CB mic and called "Snowman, got your ears on good budddy" lol.
He came straight back to me!!! lol.
Me, the Snowman and Richard then carried on chatting on the CB as we made our way round the M25 to the start at Thurrock Services. When we arrived, the turn out was jaw dropping!! And with the RIP tributes to Burt on many vehicles, I have to say quite moving too.

Here is one of the many video's on YouTube of that run. This is at Thurrock Services...

Awesome! The Dodge Charger Atlanta Police Car to the right of the Trans Am is Richard's, another Solent Renegade.

Last edited:
Think it was the Pontiac a owners club that organised the gathering, they are very good at organising stuff. I'll message their Guildford leader.

Think it was the Pontiac a owners club that organised the gathering, they are very good at organising stuff. I'll message their Guildford leader.

If we could get a regular charity event organised with a couple of other clubs that would be awesome.

Some of this is expensive

Back