Added to Calendar: 19-04-20

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
19th April. At the Farmhouse 10am till 4pm followed by the Southsea Cruise

Last edited:
StartofSeasonShow2020.jpg
Flyers for the show

I am beginning to worry that this summer is going to be a bit barren show wise. Clubs like the Renegades, Victory Wheelers etc are so well established that we'll survive no matter what, but some of the smaller grassroots clubs and shows are going to struggle which is a real concern.

If the pub allows it, we will be doing the show. We are a non-profit show and we don't have to pay for land or portaloos we are lucky we do not loose anything if it does have to be cancelled. Some other shows are not so lucky.

If the UK follows Italy and the US then pubs and restaurants and other public places will close and it won’t go ahead.
Apparently there is going to be an announcement from the government later and I’m half expecting to be working from home for a few weeks....
I hope I’m wrong.

don't like working from home then A/T???

few people wearing masks, morrisons 75% shelves empty roads very quiet are but are quiet mostly as i wind dan up saying done 30miles today only seen 1 car but joking apart main roads and towns have been very quiet,

Well, the government has just advised against public gatherings so I guess that's it for the show ?!

Well, the government has just advised against public gatherings so I guess that's it for the show ?!
Perhaps... a month to go, keep out ears to the ground and fingers crossed.

Road to Hounslow today very light with traffic,Cant work from home sadly and my Bands are a little on edge if it all goes lockdown,,,cant do much about it i guess

Our local Darts league has anoyingly but sensibly been cancelled until further notice and I expect the Pool league will be the same. Other than that, I lead a fairly hermit type lifestyle so won't be too bothered about keeping to my self for some time.

my wife is off "pretending to work from home" [ her words ]. one of my grandkids is off because he coughed. his brother and sister still have to go i have to go in but my boss is working every other day to reduce his risk. do the people planning this have brains???

If the Season Opener did have to be cancelled as BoJo has now ordered all the pubs to be closed, technically as being in ones own car is "Social Distancing" it should be possible to carry on cruising, possibly further? I know it's not ideal, but at least it lets people get together in their cars.

That’s a baaaaad joke ???

I'm guessing they will close the borders soon so Darren will be properly isolated.

I can't see any reason why the Southsea Cruises can't go ahead provided we either stay in our cars or maintain a safe personal distance in the car park.
Although, part of the fun is passing everyone outside pubs and bars... which will probably be desolate of course!

Back