Camaro say's no

July92RS

Core Member
Sadly i have no heartbeat from the RS...it would seem that it has decided to fill the manifold with fuel at an alarming rate,currently doing research as to what may be the cause but i may put the cash cow out to graze in favor of a carb set up

Does it flood from cold, or after its warmed up? if its after warming up, then perhaps O2 sensors.
Or does it not fire at all?

Carb setup sounds interesting..

Odb1 or 2? 1 I have think....
Have you checked for codes?
If it's odb1 you can jumper please pins 1&2 on the ALDL and count the MIL light flashes.
Just a wild guess, TPS.... Thinks the throttle is wide open and is dumping fuel in.
Also, is this the TBI setup with the 9th injector for cold start? If so disconnect it and re-test.

Have you tried resetting the pcm?
Jumper the pins on the ALDL, wait 30 seconds then disconnect the battery for 20mins.
This assumes odb1. It's all fresh in my memory due to the Fiero.

Good luck with this , keep the update's coming in on how you are getting on with it,

A 1992 with the TBI setup? Felt sure it would have an injector per cylinder.
So, one is the operational injector and one is the cold start injector most likely (never played with TBI, more familiar with TPI).
The CSI could be dumping fuel into the manifold due to a faulty injector or injector wiring or due to a faulty air intake temperature sensor which tells the ECM what the air temp is. If the sensor fails it tells the PCM its -37 and adds significant quantities of fuel.
Curiously this is very similar to what we are fighting on the Fiero. The Fiero does have an injector per cylinder plus a CSI.

Your thinking of the LB9 multi point FI motor.

This is LO3 poor mans engine a bit like the crossfire injection of 1982/83 vintage but with one body,,, when running the injectors alternate their firing pattern

Take it have tried the easy stuff 1st? fuses. injector's are spraying fuel? vacum hoses fuel getting to injectors fuel relay working???

Your thinking of the LB9 multi point FI motor.

This is LO3 poor mans engine a bit like the crossfire injection of 1982/83 vintage but with one body,,, when running the injectors alternate their firing pattern

Ok, not familiar with it.
So, if the intake manifold is filling with fuel then is an injector blocked open? The pressure in the fuel rail would drop with the pump turned off if this is happening, where-as it should stay steady if the injectors are functioning normally. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge you can hook to the schraeder valve? Assuming it has one?

Going to have some time on it tomorrow what with working and playing in the band over the w/end i am just happy to be off tomorrow

I had a faulty temperature sensor on the block. Showed up a good temperature on the dash, but when I went over a bump I would see the temperature drop, sudden dumping in of fuel would cause the car to misfire or stall. The sensors are just variable resistors so only 2 pins, and quite easy to test with an ohmeter. (well if you don't have to probe it while driving over bumps, lol)

Any joy with sorting problem out?

Super. That's great news.

Back