Brave browser

AmericanThunder

Super Moderator
Anyone tried the new web browser called Brave?

Based on the Google engine it’s blocks adverts, trackers and cross site cookies.
Whether that includes google tracking I don’t know but it allows you to see adverts that are published by the browsers authors and they raise money that way. So adverts are less tailored to your searches which I think is a good thing.
Available for Windoze, MAC OS X , Linux, iOS and Android.
Might be worth a look....

As an update. Quite quick and it’s security settings are great. No compatibility issues to report. Now I just need to see what data it’s sharing with google.

Sounds good. I wonder if it slows down after a while. Internet explorer chuggs after a while until you clear cookies.
I may have to give this ago. Good to hear there are no compatability issues seen yet.

Its been over a year now since you have been using the browser Dave, are you still using it or moved on to another?

Still using it. Very good at providing a configurable level of privacy and security.
Might even try it on the laptop soon.

Installed Brave on my personal laptop. Moved all my favourite sites to it and also added the security add-in for DuckDuckGo (my preferred search engine - no Google here!) also played with the VPN so I’m bouncing across the globe 3 times. Because Brave is blocking so many adverts and trackers there is no noticeable difference in speed.
Not much more I can do for privacy except be careful, and believe me.... I am.