Apple and Facebook

AmericanThunder

Super Moderator
Apple are going to launch a new feature in the next version of iOS that asks you to opt in to allow Facebook stalking. Usually opt in is the default and you have to opt out, but this represents a massive game changer in world of online security.
For far too long, these big corporations have assumed the right and for even longer the apathetic have let them do it.
Well done Apple. I would like Android to do the same thing, but as Android is owned by Google who are effectively doing the same thing as Facebook I doubt they will.

Just dont use facebook, its great to not be active on there. Full of soo much rubbish. Trouble is some people are like magnets to social media and love it, love being tracked and post pictures of meals, and feel insucure if they dont have followers.

Narcissism in the extreme!
And I have no interest in Facebook at all. Never have, never will. But I did hear of someone who was declined for a job position because the employers could not find the candidates Facebook profile to gauge their company ‘fit’! Unbelievable that a professional company should base their staffs ‘fit’ based on a social media platform.

Last edited:
Narcissism in the extreme!
And I have no interest in Facebook at all. Never have, never will. But I did hear of someone who was declined for a job position because the employers could not find the candidates Facebook profile to gauge their company ‘fit’! Unbelievable that a professional company should base their staffs ‘fit’ based on a social media platform.
That is absolutely disgusting!

I feel the same about Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and all of the other similar b*llocks! Lol
And I think it should be a crime if the default selection for any sort of subsequent unsolicited contact or sharing of information is "yes". It should always be "no". Actually and likewise, I think cold calling by telephone or door to door should also be illegal.
That is appalling if that person was really refused employment on the basis of their social media presence. That should only apply if a prerequisite for the job.

Back