Beach buggin 2014

REALLY JUST SIX ?????

I really need to an idea on numbers people ??????????

Not everyone comes on the forum, there could be more. Previous events, 5 people were coming and 15 turned up. Its never easy to get numbers. I'm sure it will be a good turn out like last year, even though it rained on the way down it didn't put people off.

It's not easy to get numbers Matt, weather conditions will make an impact on this. I'm sure we'll get more nearer the time.

Yeah as Sarah & Dan said above this far in advance is always hard to get numbers. You know its going to be popular as the last 3 years it has been one of the biggest events that we have had a load of Renegades attend. Weather and cars nearer the time will have a huge impact. Why not pre-book space for 20 cars and go from there. Its not as if there won't be any space and as we seem to be in the same sort of sport every year i am sure it won't be too much of a problem.

Good idea Tracey :) just pre-book the space, you'll have no trouble come nearer the time in filling it.

Leave the hill at 8:45am like last year?

Confirmed at club night, yep 8.45 leaving the hill.

Matchsticks are the key, make sure you take the red/brown tip off, as it irritates the eye.

You could always go up there the night before and sleep in the van Alec. I can come and knock you up with a cuppa lol!!!

I will also text Matt as we get to the seafront so he can meet us on the gate. I have spoken with Ally today and advised there will be approx 15-20 cars however this could change depending on the weather conditions. She is also going to try and arrange a entry lane just for us :)

normally i would be up for a woman knocking me up lol or should that be the other way lol but no have my 2 dogs to sort in the morning as they wont be coming along so its ok i should be ok just go to bed early :p xx

Lol!! One chance offer!!!
Ok will keep the coffee going all day then. Bring a cup :)

oh forgot to say just found out that a madness tribute band is playing in the band stand behind d-day museum as well :)

starts at 1pm but just looked on web site again and its been changed to 1980s - Duran2 plus Luke Ferr? and ska will be on Sunday 10th August

Reggae/ska - It Must Be Madness plus support grrrrrr other dates are

Saturday 16th August
Details to be confirmed

Sunday 17th August

1960s - The Silver Beatles plus The Fliks and the Tiddly Kinks

If the weather is poor, the Sunday event will take place in the Wedgewood Rooms where possible. Please contact the Visitor Information Centre on 023 9282 6722 by 11am to confirm if the event is going ahead.

well i wont be going now the vans alternator gave up and after a long day starting at 10am checking everything all the tests ect i had to pull the alternator out :( and the only person that can get one is in 2 weeks so ill be on net alot lol 10599487_10152216785066962_7274614703394686780_n.jpg10599630_10152216784976962_7493176564595876216_n.jpg
took a lot of head scratching to get it bloody out of this space glad its a small alternator :)

so those that are going to brave to weather hope you don't get too wet :)

***************BEACHBUGGIN HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO SEVERE WEATHER WARNING ISSUED********************

I will advise if an alternative date is issued.

No alternative date issued for this year so looks like next August now. I received an email from the organisers. See below.

Dear Tracey

Thank you to everyone that has already been in contact with your messages of support, we have been very overwhelmed by how much loved the show is.

Just a follow up to say sorry we had to abandon the show but after we received the severe warning at 7.30am from Portsmouth City Council our event insurance would have been invalidated if we had ignored it so it was just impossible to continue, Unfortunately as we've outlined on our Facebook page this decision has huge ramifications for our chosen charities as we won't be able to raise the money we have pledged to them this year which causes us the most angst x

It also of course has a massive financial impact on the show. Whilst we can claim for hire of the common and equipment etc irrecoverable costs will amount to over a ?3.5k loss for the show. Over the years we have built up a slush fund for emergencies like these so we can absorb this one off loss it will still however take us 3 year's to financially recover. I think that it is important to point out that we aren't a huge event management organisation with massive financial reserves. I organise and manage BeachBuggin and Dave Western sets up the show with a group of volunteers on the day. Yes it really is just 2 people who do this part time voluntarily on top of full time jobs. This show is managed on a not 4 profit basis to be self supporting each year with next year's working capital coming from this year's show, this is why the impact is so great for us.

If you sponsored a trophy or provided any other form of sponsorship this will also roll over to Beachbuggin 2015 and the website BeachBuggin 14 has been updated to reflect this.

If you donated a raffle prize then we are proposing to hold an online raffle with the winning bidder for each separate prize donating their winning bid directly to one of the Just Giving pages we have set up in support of this year's charity. This worked well with the hamper that the Co-operative donated. If you don't wish your raffle prize to be included please do contact us.

Thank you again for supporting the show and we look forward to next year.

Kind regards
Ally
Event Organiser

Back