Banging under the Camaro's hood :s

sarah

Club Photographer
Past few days there has been a slight knocking from the driver's side under the hood when coming out of tight left hand bends, but not all the time. Took it out with Dan to listen to the knocking as this morning it got a lot worse. Tonight we jacked her up to have a closer look. There is no play in the wheels and there is nothing obvious hanging off and no sign of anything touching it shouldn't be. The only thing Dan picked up was that I'm a little low on power steering fluid.

Dan and me are stumped at what it could be. Short of going to a garage next week does anyone have any suggestions as what it might be?

Mine squeaks and juddered a bit when the pas fluid is low, so it might be that. It's worth topping up anyway ;)

Could be susspension mounts or rubber bushes?????????

well on christophers camaro he had the same it was the front strut top mount bush had worn it bolts on to inner wing..........

Check the front antiroll bar bushes, especially the 2 upright ones either end that go from the bar to the wishbone, sometimes the rod bushes wear on the inside & then knock on the fittings.
Hope this helps.
G

Check the front antiroll bar bushes, especially the 2 upright ones either end that go from the bar to the wishbone, sometimes the rod bushes wear on the inside & then knock on the fittings.
Hope this helps.
G

Yeah that's probably what it is. We looked at all the bushes and they looked fine, a tiny gap under one when jacked up. So the next job will be to change the anti roll bar bushes. Wont take long to do. Sarah loves getting her hands dirty doing this. I need all mine changed, so I'll give it to Sarah to do.

Thanks for all your ideas everyone.

Back