Are front fog lights legal to use in good visabiliy

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
I've noticed more and more cars are driving around with fog lights on. Its like a fashion accessory. They are a bit bright when you see a car behind with effectively 4 lights on. I just pop on my rear fog light to remind them that their fog lights are on. I guess they don't know where to turn them off. I do quite a bit of driving down country lanes at night, often blasted by full-beams or fog lights.
I was thinking it must be illegal. Also when using fog lights in fog, your other lights should be on side light position other wise your not gonna see much in foggy weather.

I came across this on the Hampshire Constabulary website with a mention about fog lights
Fog lights - for vehicles fitted with front fog lights (rear fog lights are also included), it is an offence to illuminate them unless visibility is seriously reduced, which is defined as driving in rain, snow or fog with visibility less than 100 metres. Fog lights cause dazzle to other drivers and can attract a ?30 Fixed Penalty Notice.
Source:- Hampshire Constabulary - Vehicle modifications

So now we know...

You got that from me hehe.....shame the Police don't do anything, too busy eating their donuts!

:heh:Dam thats what that switch is for on the dashboard on/off lol:heh:

but its Not FOGGY

No, but it improves visibility on the crappy roads, especially where I live with all the freaking great potholes. Don't wanna kill another of my alloys.

Back