1959 2dr Post Chevrolet Belair For Sale

RSS_Auto_Poster

10019.jpg

For Sale is my 1959 Chevrolet Belair 2dr post car<br />
<br />
Part 2 of my sell off of the cars that where to be kept. I bought this beautiful 1959 Chevy in Las Vegas last year and imported her back home. This amzing car was bought with giving her to my daughter when she passed her test as its her favourite American car of all time. Please be aware before you read on this car will not up for any kind of offer. If your reading this add you know how rare, sought after and desirable a 1959 Chevy is regardless of trim and/or amount of doors. This one is a fine example, true and straight and drives so smoothly. She is a straight 6 blue flamed angine model with a 2sp glide behind. I will be honest I have bought a 350/350 combo to transplant into her as that was the plan over the winter. BUT.. after driving her, you know what.. I dont think it needs it.. Its reliable, jump in and go anywhere, so I had kinda shelved those plans anyway. Not long after we imported her we drove from her to Gt Yarmouth for the NSRA fun run, 600 odd miles in a weekend. The weekend after straight upto hot rod and hills in Cumbria 800 odd miles. Only issue was very poor headlights but as they are 6" fixed a halogen conversion is a simple and easy fix to that. We where sat on the M6 for ages and temp gauge remained still<br />
The Car: She has a straight 6 blue flame engine mated to a 2sp glide. Due to the drop spindles its very low. I cracked the sump on a speed bump and had Chris at Hodgys speedshop weld it back together which solved that, I then bottomed out coming down a dip and snagged the plug causing another leak. As a bodge repair i used quick metal and to be honest it is not 100% it does leak when stood. With my intended plans of an engine swap ive left it. I constantly check the oil and it doesnt lose a vast amount really but would need sorting. Its very "tappetty" when stated and cold, soon goes away when it upto temperature. Ive been told thats normal but worth telling you, I have little knowledge with 6s. As said runs smooth no heating problems. Keeps up pace with road traffic comfortably. Whilst this car is MOT exempt she get regular checks from Chris at Hodgys Speedshop.. Check him out, he is very passionate about cars and great at what he does. Ask him about this old girl yourself<br />
<br />
Interior 90% A few stains on the headlining bud doesnt sag whatsoever. Nice attention to detail of the chevy flags imprinted on the door cards. Interior was 100% but I had a sharp stud on my jeans on the arse and it snagged the drivers seat, to say I was mad is an understatement! All gauges work etc<br />
Paint was again 100% but when I collected her from the docks she just, and I mean just fitted on the trailer. The trailer had arches and during the ride home it rubbed the paint off the sills in places, no damage just took the paint off. Other than that its perfect, all the panels are straight and true. All the brightwork is very good. California rear bumper, meaning its a one piece which is rare im told<br />
<br />
Now the rules: Please come and see her for yourself, this is my rose tinted view of her, it may not be yours. I have been as honest as I can but opinions differ. I will not be lowballed. The cars can stay with me for as long as I get the value I want. For how rare, condition and reliability of this classic vehicle I thinks its a very fair value. Message me on here or text me on 07966672923. Text first as I dont answer unknown calls as I have a fear of phones!! I will assist on shipping this car anywhere in the world or come and collect and drive her home..Hey pay me and I will drive her to you! Car will not leave my ownership until funds are cleared..Once bought there is no going back, sold as seen so do come and check her over. Fixed price includes the aformentioned 350/350 combo bought for her. Engine and box is at Chris" shop. If thats your route you want to go down chat to him, hes already done so research on what it entails to do it. Oh and a special thing I think, unbelievably she still wears her original black Cali plates. Ive left the front one on and put the UK plate over the rear one<br />
<br />
If your still reading you know what this car is and why its so rare. I know of a few Impalas, Few Elcs and a couple of Wagons. This isnt your average mustang or tri 5! you will be stand out at any show and you will get alot of attention where ever you drive her<br />
<br />
The rest is now upto you, Buy her before my daughter hides the keys!<br />
<br />
Ozzie 07966672923<br />
<br />
<br />

Date written: 19-Nov-2017

Price: £28955 As stated

More about this vehicle on carandclassic.co.uk

ID: 10019

Back