Working on RSS feeds and fetching content from other websites.

The fetching of the articles has been a little iffy this week. Yesterday and today I have been testing, and fetching them manually. Had to changed a few target folders in the PHP code. This was all written by me, so there is no forums or anything on this. I could brake down the code and test certain area. It would appear a manual fetch worked, but automated wouldn't. Perhaps it was a permissions bug. However, the script is run from calling a page, so in theory the server wouldn't know if it was calling its itself or someone else was, unless it has some IP address refusal which is doesn't.
I have set the scheduled event to be 10 past the hour, and emails me the results. Just a few mins ago, I got an email where it has added two articles, and it also copied in the pictures fine too. So I'm happy now. i will keep on monitoring this. Eventually will add other sources of information to the fetching algorithm.

Seems to be working now. It's always useful to see what's for sale or new to the world of LSx.
Any Dodge feeds we can have?

Seems to be working now. It's always useful to see what's for sale or new to the world of LSx.
Any Dodge feeds we can have?

I can take a look. If you come across a website displaying articles like the LSx website but for Dodge, then I can create an entry to fetch/rip info from the site, as that's how the others work.
I will eventually create an admin section to make it easier for me to add/adjust. At the moment I had write it into the database.

So yeah I'm up for the challenge of adding more feeds. It will be great to see more posts.

Something like this t fetch the info from:- Dodge Vehicles - Car News and Reviews | Autowee although some are Dodge, but not all even though its in the Dodge category. Its mainly dodge with a couple of odd balls thrown in, like an Audi. I can add a filter, so if 'Demon' 'Hellcat' 'Dodge' 'Challenger' 'Charger' is not in the title or body snippet then don't include it as an thread.
I'll see about getting this added. If you see any more websites just let me know.

Nice find, some fresh content there, a couple of article a month, just on dodge alone. I can work with that and enhance the content.

Added the Dodge one, along with a few others, they all go in to the American Car Manufacturing News section:- http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/american-car-manufacture-news/

Just implemented the RSS feed reader, there is little info in the description but enough to give you an idea of the article for you to decide if you want to click through. I'll implement it better at a later date by using my custom grabber.

Back