Wire taps

AmericanThunder

Super Moderator
I’m trying to identify the two connectors used in the pictures below.
Far from what I would call wire taps (the usually blue things that push a blade through the insulation when you snap them shut) These are more probe type. They are being used to push into source of power and ground shown in the third picture and they crimp onto the wires.

What are they called and where can I get some?
I only need two!!

3928EC6B-7707-4D80-B141-1EE59E3FFD01.png

1C1E5FDA-746A-44E0-84F9-7FA0A264E525.png

A8DADD49-745D-409F-9629-FC0E15614FAA.png

The rounder ones are called Pin Crimps

ste_613010_815adb06fa9541aec0a881c9bf0e4e95.jpg

I guess I need to have a closer look at the connections on my car and work our what I need.
Thanks Dan - hopefully I can order from Farnell without needing huge quantities.

You may be able to get them from eBay or Amazon. Many crimps are avilable in screwfix, but didn't see these particular ones.

blue scotch locks is wat your were thinking of for wire taops don't like them myself as cables come loose over over time,
and in your pictures these just push in could come loose or jump out if not a good connection ie over speed bumps wire not cut cables and solder splice into them or use push fit connectors (bullets) for example so you can return to normal if you have to , those push in connectors looks like an add on that someone has done?

blue scotch locks is wat your were thinking of for wire taops don't like them myself as cables come loose over over time,
and in your pictures these just push in could come loose or jump out if not a good connection ie over speed bumps wire not cut cables and solder splice into them or use push fit connectors (bullets) for example so you can return to normal if you have to , those push in connectors looks like an add on that someone has done?

I don’t like scotch locks either.
The push in connectors are generally available at least in the US. I have seen multiple posts where people have used them.
What are the bullets you are referring too?

just need to choose red blue or yellow depending on size of your cable

I don’t like scotch locks either.
Me neither, a connection may last a year or two, but then you have doubt in it as it become unreliable, the more your car has, the more tempted it is to sell it or rewire the lot.

Me neither, a connection may last a year or two, but then you have doubt in it as it become unreliable, the more your car has, the more tempted it is to sell it or rewire the lot.

Clares previous Astro had some very dubious wiring additions much of it spliced in using scotchlocks.
All fixed properly with soldered and heat shrunk connections once I was finished.

Back