Why ignore Pompey old skool

carsmutley

Went to southsea cruise tonight for the 1st time in years and was surprised by the lack of contact between the Solent Renegades and Pompey Od Skool boys. The renegades seemed to be just American cars and none of
them mixed with the other group which was mainly Modified Classic Fords.
Quite surprised by this really as everyone is into cars and surely this is one thing that everyone who attends
has in common.
I myself have in the past owned A Chevy and 3 Mustangs, 2 were 69 fastbacks and 1 was a truely horrible 77
mk2 Mussy.
Ive also built modified Classic Fords and completed STD restorations and ive never been anywhere where my
car has been ignored by other so called car enthusiasts.
Can someone please explain why there is such bad feeling between the two car groups that attend the
Southsea cruise.
On a lighter note i loved the 69 or 70 fastback Mustang that was there, i might even import another Mussy
but prob be a 67 fastback or maybe even a 2005 GT with a supercharged motor.

Hi Carsmutley. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't think its a case of being ignored. I think its lack of mingling. I know a few Ford guys, and at the end of the day we all have an interest in cars. There are certainly some immaculate cars there. Sadly I missed last nights cruise due to being 200miles away. We do need to mingle more and walking up and down every row to see what's there. Its great to see you guys there, all the cars together like it has been for many years now. We are a Classic and American car club, at the moment it is mainly American cars. Feel free to pop along to our club night every other Tuesday, next one being the 27th. Some of the Ford guys have done in the passed, certainly Tony in his Capri 7.6l twin turbo missile, and Dave.
What car do you have? I'll come and say hi at the next Southsea cruise.

Hi Transamdan, hope your well. I look forward to meeting you at the next meet, my car is a 67 Ford Anglia in dark blue with lotus cortina steels , its running a 2 litre Zetec on Webers--5-speed--discs all round--modded suspension and if ford had made a GT Anglia i like to think that it would have looked liked my car.
If you dont mind ill forward your reply to some of the pompey boys and with a bit of luck it might help crack the ice, as you say were all into cars and its a shame that it sometimes gets forgotton mate.
All the best and i look forward to meeting you.
gary

Hi Gary

As i was not at the last cruise i personally cannot comment regarding your points as above. However please let me apologise on behalf of the club that you feel this way. I guess when you have such a crowd of people getting round everyone can be time consuming but please don't feel you are being ignored. Please by all means come over and talk to us too but as you said breaking the ice can sometimes be a little difficult. I should hopefully be at the last cruise in October so will try and find you and say hi. :welcome:

Hi Gary. we do talk, on the august cruise i was talking to the guy with the 100e cos apart from the mercury i also have a 100e. so why dont some of you guys come to are END OF SEASON SHOW at the FARM HOUSE off the eastern road on saturday 1st october 12 till 6 pm.its just a chill out day and hopefully time to talk:blah:

Hi Gary

Thanks for coming down to the cruise. To echo the others, I am so sorry that you felt ingnored.
This would in no way have been intentional and there is definitely no bad feeling as you had suggested in your original posting. Transam Dan has made a good point re-some of us taking a minute to walk around for a look at the cars and have a chat at the cruises.

For me personally, as is often the case, I am usually there with my toddler and meeting up with my other sons, so I can tend to be a bit pre-occupied. But I will try to have more of a wander about and a chat in future. From what you have said about your car, I would like a closer look. I love classic Brit Fords and even had an Anglia for a while.

We all all petrol heads and you are very welcome mate. Look forward to seeing you at our club night and the next cruise in October. Sadly, I may be working away and may miss our end of season show myself, but please do come and join us.

All the best
Will

love uk built fords anglias tinas capris consuls pops u name it . it was me who sadly sold my 67 anglia 1500 gt to will. now i use another true brit 71 series 3 landy and a motorbike bring your mota. pop the bonnet ill have a look promise.

I may well be the only one here that doesn't like Dagenham Dustbins :lol: I love it when the old skool minis come on the cruise though, one day I will get mini back on the road. Sorry about not talking though, I'm just quite a quiet person, it even took me months to get to talk to a lot of people in the club :fear:

yes mate it did . guess we are all to blame for not talkin to em . sorry

They can also come and talk to us and now Gary has pointed it out then perhaps all of us can make an effort and mingle!!