Who wants to go to a car show????

an88fiero

Super Moderator
Ok so as there have been no car shows yet this year and all you guys down south haven’t had to pay any fuel costs :). How do you fancy doing a car show a little further out?

Someone we know with a Challenger has spent a lot of time trying to convince the committee of the Milton Keynes Rugby Club to hold a show at the Milton Keynes Rugby Club and it has been fully approved so the guy is looking for as many American cars as possible. Post code of venue is MK4 2DN

The show is to be held on the 19th July from 11 am.

I do know that a few people from down your way (including Dawn Gibson with her Red eye) are making the journey so a good convoy for you guys ?

if you are interested the guy has asked for an email to be sent to him at colts@mkrufc.com with the subject Car Show with the year model and colour of your car and he will send all the information

We are planning on going so hope to see some of you there.

Sounds interesting.

Are organised events allowed now, or is this pending on a future announcement from the government?

social distancing problems with local upraw from people look at news latel from all the beaches ???

I know we all want to get out and about and its very hard at the moment with news mybe or not scare mungering with whats happening else where with number of casing slowing going back up.
but that aside good luck with it all and hope its a good show/event

As far as I am aware it is ok. The committee of the MKRUFC have had numerous meeting and have given it the go ahead. If it wasn’t allowed then surely they wouldn’t have allowed it. I can ask the question if you want?

And the media are definitely scare mongering. They take pictures from angles that make things look bad but actually distancing is being observed.
We have seen a few counter points from locals who say it’s not as the media portray.

But I’m definitely up for it. Being inside is now affecting me and I need to get out. Enjoyment is not even a question!

Ok - I have had a response from the organiser

"At level 3, if everyone is sensible, it will be. There are other shows starting up throughout July which have been cleared. By the time it happens, pubs, restaurants and cinemas will be open, also hairdressers, but no nail bars or tattoo studios..!Basically it is no worse than the retail carpark we met at, or Tesco, or Primark or Ikea in terms of contact, but it is open air. The cars will also be further spaced. Obviously, if anyone in your family is shielding or you suddenly show symptoms you should not attend. It's a fair question, but it wouldn't have been passed by MKRUFC if it couldn't be run and stay in line with regulations. It's why I need to log all the cars..."

Even if shows aren't allowed, is it going to be possible to do the Southsea Cruise again soon as long as people remain in their cars?

I heard that the Chelsea cruise had gone ahead recently and there was also a cruise in Weston Super Mare so I would imagine so :)

Chelsea is on this evening, some Pontiacs on their way.

can you post pictures?? and any feed back from event?

Got to feel sorry for the guy that was arranging this show. Just received this........

4D7C2103-D4CE-455F-8E85-82DDDF8FAC97.jpeg

So nothing to do with the virus - just annoying neighbours. :( :( :(

10am pass the water shed for noise. 7am to 11pm isn't it?? They were kids at one point what do they want kids watching TV playing games all the time everybody been stuck inside for 3 months

There is a difference between kids making noise and smoking an illegal substance / burning out stolen property, both of which whilst trespassing.
As usual the minority ruin it for the majority.

agree but the last bit of the notice says about noise from 10am onwards whitch why i typed my responce,

like it says don't like it moved eather they were there before or after grounds dont know like people moving near a road its going to be noisy or by a school or even a factory estate, but drug and anti social is a diferant matter it needs dealing with agree with that, back in my youth you had youth clubs but not anymore

Ok after a good cruise up to the meeting point, the rainbow Challengers then headed for the Milton Keynes University Hospital for the NHS tribute.
Quite moving and very well received.
EC0D10CB-3D55-4E34-861E-26CCF8A7BE24.jpeg
Then the rainbow group headed to the actual event where the rainbow was again formed at the head of the field. Loads of Challenger and quite a few other marques here too.
So great to be out and back with the American car Scene. So missed it....

Rainbow lineup at the event :)

56D1C718-4A49-4123-B5CF-129B4FE3F63C.jpeg

Back