Who to report an open steet furniture cabinet to?

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Outside our house we have a green cabinet. For about 3 days someone had put black tape arount it and its been stretching over the days.

Inside I can see thick Brown and Black wires, my concern s, it could open more and kids could get their hands in there, or a dog could pee in it, as you can see, some large dogs already have.
1671185921295.png

As it is on a public footbath and no names like BT or Virgin on the box i thought is is wise to let the council know, we come under Havant here. Thinking as its a potential safty issue and its on their footpath. after a while I got put through to what sounded like an indian call center with crying babies in the background. I explained the problem, I think there was a bit of a language barrier both ways. Anyway it ended up with them saying it is not their problem.

So my next problem, is who do I call, Virgin/ B.T or someone else. There is a manhole cover in front of the box, but it isn't labelled. BT openreach was up the road a few days ago working around a manhole cover that does have BT on it. Perhaps they entered this box and left it unsafe? or perhaps Virgin.

I go on B.T website, seems hard to find a number to call if you are not their customer.

I'm with Virgin, I'll give them a call to see if they own the box.

Ah, found some interesting info.
1671186591667.png

Seems it could be Virgin.

its like the one outside my house which i know is virgin [cos i am connected to it] could just call local council as its on there property

its like the one outside my house which i know is virgin [cos i am connected to it] could just call local council as its on there property
That was my first thought. The council said its not their problem.

I go on B.T website, seems hard to find a number to call if you are not their customer.
Away from the subject but I find this a lot now. Even the local taxi firm has gone virtualy 'Phone less'! If you speak 'Gobldegook' the will usualy put you through to a human.

You should be able to contact any supplier by phone. These companies assume that every one has a so called 'Smart phone' but many only have land lines or dumb phones (Like me). I think it's just another way to reduce the workforce, cause more unenployment and misery for the general public.

Rant over.

Back to the subject, the council are not helpful in this but they should have contacts with phone suppliers as they are constantly ripping up their roads and pavements to put in new or upgraded lines. Most unhelpful in my opinion.

Back