Wheels Day 2015

sarah

Club Photographer
So. It looks like it's back on!!

Next year Wheels day is going ahead and back at Rushmoor Arena! So excited!!

The main difference this time around is that it will be prebook only.

At the moment that is all the the information that has been given, either way this is fantastic news!!!

Great news tried and true at rushmoor roll on next year :thumb:

Yep its all true, announced direct from the organisers. Brilliant news :)

The Surrey Street Rodders can now confirm that a restructured Wheels Day April 3rd (Good Friday) 2015 is all go.....................
We will be posting details as we go in the next few months so keep an eye out,
we are returning to Rushmoor Arena Aldershot.
The show area will be pre entry only as will all trade stands, details to follow!

BIG UPDATE!!!!

From the Surrey Street Rodders' Facebook page.

Dear Facebook members,
We'd like to announce that "Wheels Day 41" planning is fully underway!

As I'm sure you will be aware, after last years event it was decided by the SSR to change the format of the show moving forwards. This decision is to allow us greater control in the organisation of the show which will ultimately allow for a more controlled and organised event. It will hopefully allow us to improve your enjoyment of the event.

This year we have taken the decision to release 500 pre-book tickets to the event to guarantee entry to the show area to those who are awarded tickets. All entrants will go through the same selection process with key SSR committee members choosing each vehicle on its individual merits. No priority will be given to restored, show or award winning vehicles. Everyone has an equal chance of being awarded a ticket.

250 "Early-Bird" tickets will be awarded at the end of December to the first chosen applicants. Those who do not make it through the first stage will be placed back into the selection process for a second chance at the remaining 250 tickets which will be awarded at the end of February.
Tickets will be priced at ?10 per vehicle and will permit entry of your car, the driver and one passenger to the event. (Extra passenger tickets will be available to purchase at the gate for ?5 per adult.)
If you are chosen to be awarded a show ticket you will be notified via email along with a link to pay for your ticket online within 7 days. Failure to do so will void your selection and your ticket will be offered to another applicant.

Tickets on the day will be available for ?5 per adult as before however there is no guarantee to your admittance to display in the show area. Priority is given to all pre-book show vehicles!

A registration page will be released shortly to register your interest in these tickets.

This year we have decided to allow Car Club stands at our discretion. Club applications will be allocated a maximum of 10 tickets on request to display together. Other conditions apply - these will be discussed on an individual basis with each club. Details on how to contact us will be made available when the registration page is launched

Stall holders will also be required to pre-book their interest for this event. Details of this to follow.

PLEASE NOTE - Due to the massive amount of emails and questions received each year, NO application requests will be handled through any other means including email and facebook mail nor will a response be issued to such mails! E-Mail will be reserved for questions and information only.
The Official registration page is the only channel for applications!!!

Thats great news. Looking forward to this. Price is right, and pre-entry is the way to go. Now lets hope for nice weather too. :car:

So bit confused ,
HTML Code:
Tickets on the day will be available for ?5 per adult as before however there is no guarantee to your admittance to display in the show area. Priority is given to all pre-book show vehicles!

So you can turn up on the day pay ?5 and get told to park in the publc car park so you could be coursing a traffic jam by moving your car from gate entrance unless slip road to divert you

And also car clubs limited to 10 tickets

HTML Code:
This year we have decided to allow Car Club stands at our discretion. Club applications will be allocated a maximum of 10 tickets on request to display together. Other conditions apply - these will be discussed on an individual basis with each club. Details on how to contact us will be made available when the registration page is launched

There are some big car clubs out there

and not every one is guaranteed pre entry only what ssr members choose bit harsh . I can see a few of us not getting in

Still wont be going, not impressed with 10 club tickets, not impressed that someones pride and joy has to be vetted to receive a ticket, and only 500 tickets, unless Ive read that wrong, so no I wont be going, and who is going to decide which 10 club cars will be going, that will be difficult for anyone to decide, have fun xx

and not every one is guaranteed pre entry only what ssr members choose bit harsh . I can see a few of us not getting in
It could be a good thing filtering out non show cars. Hopefully all classic and american cars within the club will get in. We may be too big to get in as a club stand, however we pretty much all parked together at the last one. Even if we do get split up its nothing major.
No priority will be given to restored, show or award winning vehicles. Everyone has an equal chance of being awarded a ticket.
we all have a fair chance at the pre-entry
There may need 1000 or 1500 tickets though as there have been over 1000 vehicles at Rushmore before. Its early days yet, I'm sure all will turn out fine.

Still wont be going, not impressed with 10 club tickets, not impressed that someones pride and joy has to be vetted to receive a ticket, and only 500 tickets, unless Ive read that wrong, so no I wont be going, and who is going to decide which 10 club cars will be going, that will be difficult for anyone to decide, have fun xx

You interpreted it wrong there Jan

Club applications will be allocated a maximum of 10 tickets on request to display together
We don't always get to park together anyway, so we just pre-enter ourselves individually, turn up together, if we get to park together then great, if we don't, its not a major problem. Many previous Rushmore days we haven't all got to park together.

Many years ago we have to pre-enter for Worthing, so it certainly will stop people in their Peugot's thinking they should be allowed to get in.

I think it's good. It's going to stop all the chav crap from getting.

We just turn up early like normal and I can't see there being a problem.

so the pre booking is for what purpose if we can still turn up early, might be an age thing but i confused lol x
tell you what hun lets talk about this tomorrow on the brekkie run, you can explain it to me then lol, have a lovely day whatever you are doing xx

Just read dans reply and ok get the drift about the club thingy bobby, also appreciate that it will stop all cars getting in x

Well if pre-registration is anything like goodwood was then it will be a shambles

Back