What's your favourite show or cruise?

The show at Popham Airfield is always good, when it actually goes ahead, although trying to get in is usually fairly chaotic. Been to Classics on the Quay at Hythe Marina a couple of times as well which is usually quite busy although the small cafe often cant cope with the influx of customers! You also get a great view of the ocean liners moored up in Southampton too.

Last edited:
That was nearly 12 years ago for me long time now,

Trade stands are getting expensive weather it be greedy traders I check e. Bay and sometimes same tools are cheaper even with delivery. Or the stool price rent the event charge is so high that they have to put prices up.
The 1st event I went to with SR was a cafe with a big pay and display carpark is had a balcony over looking sea.
You make a good point about prices on some of the stalls actually. I'd noticed it seemed to be getting harder to find a real bargain.

The show at Popham Airfield is always good, when it actually goes ahead, although trying to get in is usually fairly chaotic. Been to Classics on the Quay at Hythe Marina a couple of times as well which is usually quite busy although the small cafe often cant cope with the influx of customers! You also get a great view of the ocean liners moored up in Southampton too.
It's funny, I was just thinking about Popham. I've never been to the show there but always fancied it. A mate who is into classic cars and flying invited me a few years ago, but I was unable to make it. The Hythe Marina one sounds good 👍

A great thread this one. Many people contributing. Remembering the days when we went to shows. Those were the days.

Can't see worthing lazy Sunday being on this year

Actually, thinking about Worthing, we are still booked in to Lancing for 10 cars. Has been booked over two years now and was postponed from last year. Haven't heard whether or not that will happen. I guess its too soon to judge, supposed to be in June.

A great thread this one. Many people contributing. Remembering the days when we went to shows. Those were the days.
I'm optimistic we will be getting out to some events this summer, albeit with some measures in place maybe.

That was before I owned a Yank. But I have a feeling shows will come back with a bang once we get through this. I reckon everything leisure related will actually. Everyone will have had enough of sitting indoors! 😁

I also didn't do car shows before I had my first Mustang however, I did used to go motor museums prior to that, always had an interest in cars.

Not a show exactly, but I have always wanted to go to the Vintage Hot Rod Races at Pendine Sands on the Gower Peninsula. The place also has such automotive history as well from the early pioneer days,

http://www.vhra.co.uk/VHRA/Pendine_Sands.html#:~:text=We are pleased to announce,beach in Carmarthenshire, South Wales.
Yeah that would be nice to see. Fairly local for Darren.
I only been to Carmarthenshire once and that was to pick up a dalmation in the Trans-Am.

Yeah that would be nice to see. Fairly local for Darren.
I only been to Carmarthenshire once and that was to pick up a dalmation in the Trans-Am.

Pendine Sands has dog related memories for me too. Last time I was there Barkley ran off and it took us an hour to catch the little sod! No cars around that day fortunately! :rolleyes:🐶

Pendine is run by the strailiners.
Local lol about a 2 hour drive and chatting with some people at Melbourne race tract they say its a bit restrictive in how close you get to the race cars no stalls but who knows might go one day

Not a show exactly, but I have always wanted to go to the Vintage Hot Rod Races at Pendine Sands on the Gower Peninsula. The place also has such automotive history as well from the early pioneer days,

http://www.vhra.co.uk/VHRA/Pendine_Sands.html#:~:text=We are pleased to announce,beach in Carmarthenshire, South Wales.
I must confess that I hadn't heard of that event, what an awesome setting. Some of the shots on their website remind me of the Bonneville Salt Flats in the US lol.

Where you been all your petrol head life WILL. Not heard of Pendine sands it's been on scrapheap chalange and top gear and proberly a few more car programmes. You been stuck inside for too long lol

Where you been all your petrol head life WILL. Not heard of Pendine sands it's been on scrapheap chalange and top gear and proberly a few more car programmes. You been stuck inside for too long lol
Lol 😁. Ah yeah, I remember them driving on it on Top Gear actually, but I didn't know what it was called or exactly where it was haha.
Is anyone allowed to drive onto the sands? I mean the public?

Last edited:
Back