What's your favourite show or cruise?

Will

Core Member
All of this rubbish weather and the lockdown is making me look forward to shows and cruises even more.
Just wondering if you guys have any favourite events or if there are any you have done in the past that stood out?
For me Beaulieu is always good, as is the Wheeler's show on Hayling. And the breakfast runs are great too.

What are your favourites folks?

I do like the Wheelers show, at Hayling or Stanstead. I also really liked the Can-am shows. A little bit of a drive to give the car a good run and always a good turn out.
I do like Beaulieu but as I'm doing something, its not as relaxing as other shows.
Poole quay is another nice one, a great place to park up and grab a coffee.

right now it would be anyone that i could get to

For me it's the 'Crotch Cooler' monthly meets at Alton. Nice run up through the Meon Valley, good selection of cars from all ages and marks. No entry fee, come and go as you please.

Indeed, any show or event would be welcome at the moment lol!! 👍😢
Yeah, Pool Quay is one I always enjoy actually. There is a good atmosphere and fish and chips by the sea with some good cars always goes down well lol👌
I've not done a crotch cooler one before, but I'd be up for that. It's a really nice run to Alton. I did the Alton Herald car show before which was good.

Indeed, any show or event would be welcome at the moment lol!! 👍😢
Yeah, Pool Quay is one I always enjoy actually. There is a good atmosphere and fish and chips by the sea with some good cars always goes down well lol👌
I've not done a crotch cooler one before, but I'd be up for that. It's a really nice run to Alton. I did the Alton Herald car show before which was good.
I used to do Crotch Cooler regularly, but they changed the rules of age requirement and I had to park in the gernal car park. It was a nice run up there, but I wanted to be part of it. The show was getting larger and larger, so I guess some restrictions had to come in.

I used to do Crotch Cooler regularly, but they changed the rules of age requirement and I had to park in the gernal car park. It was a nice run up there, but I wanted to be part of it. The show was getting larger and larger, so I guess some restrictions had to come in.
Ah yeah, I've just read that Crotch Coolers is for pre 1990 cars only, which seems fair enough if it helps control numbers and keeps the event more classic. I wonder if that might be rolled on at some point? A 1990 car is now 31 years old of course 🤔

Ah yeah, I've just read that Crotch Coolers is for pre 1990 cars only, which seems fair enough if it helps control numbers and keeps the event more classic. I wonder if that might be rolled on at some point? A 1990 car is now 31 years old of course 🤔
Yeah, I could take the Camaro then, and you could take your 3rd gen.

Tatton park (i know to far for you southerns lol) worthing lazy sunday was alway good and beuliue is good as well used to like wheels day but last 2 i went to didnt have the same buzz and RWYB days at the pod so want to get back out there,

Shows which involve a nice run to get there or a cruise are always good. But I've been to some good local shows too. I remember going to one in Denmead several years back. I think it was on a school field? There was a stage with live music and a few stalls too.

Local shows are great, espicially small scale events like Denmead, I had to drive less than half a mile to get to that one! Another good one was a small do somewhere near Andover.

Another good one was a small do somewhere near Andover.
Abbotts Ann? That is a nice drive. Many stalls to look around, a competition for the largest or strangest vegetables.
Photos of Abbotts Ann over the years
The other nice thing about that show is you feel you make a difference. By showing our cars we are providing an attraction for the public, and every car is different.

Local shows are great, espicially small scale events like Denmead, I had to drive less than half a mile to get to that one! Another good one was a small do somewhere near Andover.
Yeah, there is something nice about an event right on your doorstep lol. Actually, that's made me think of the fortnightly Port Solent car meets. There is usually an interesting variation of vehicles and a great atmosphere on a nice day.

Abbotts Ann? That is a nice drive. Many stalls to look around, a competition for the largest or strangest vegetables.
Photos of Abbotts Ann over the years
The other nice thing about that show is you feel you make a difference. By showing our cars we are providing an attraction for the public, and every car is different.
Abbotts Ann looks a good one. Good point about stalls. I like looking at the tool and model car ones! Lol

Trade stands are getting expensive weather it be greedy traders I check e. Bay and sometimes same tools are cheaper even with delivery. Or the stool price rent the event charge is so high that they have to put prices up.
The 1st event I went to with SR was a cafe with a big pay and display carpark is had a balcony over looking sea.

Used to like doing the Guildford cruise, That stopped years ago. A great run up there, a superlarge turn out in the Burger King car park and it wrapped around to the extra car parks around the back. It was marshalled, but was shut down by the authorities due to boyracers having an accident in the same car park on a different day. All shows there had to be stopped.

Was a shame, enjoyed the double bacon cheese burger, walking around chatting, looking at cars. Not sure when the event stopped, but think I went there more in my 3rd gen than my 4th, that switch over was 2003ish.

Abbotts Ann looks a good one. Good point about stalls. I like looking at the tool and model car ones! Lol
Sarah likes doing the raffle there. She won a frying pan, thought it was a small prize until she looked up the make we had never heard of LaCrusett turned out it was worth over £80 and its the best frying pan we own.

The 1st event I went to with SR was a cafe with a big pay and display carpark is had a balcony over looking sea.
Bay side Cafe at Stokes Bay, Gosport.

Back