Welcome, NewNicknameRequired

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Thank you, i couldnt tell if i really fit here, my car is almost 19yo so not yet a classic and the only non american cars ive seen pics of was the smooth MGB?

Always great to see new people posting. It dosn't matter what you drive, feel free to join in on anything. The website has become quiet due to many people on facebook, however there are a few people posting on here. always good to try to keep it active.
Posting photos of car shows, chatting about meeting up at places to cruise to events. There is a Calender section listing up and comming events.
What car do you have? How long have you had it?

Thats good because im completely anti-fakebook, its full of idiots and adverts, left a few years ago now! Ive got a 2004 RX8 that ive had since Feb, had a couple of MX5’s before that but finally realised im too big for them (6’4” and 19/20st ish). Its quite far from standard but i wouldnt call it custom yet

Thats good because im completely anti-fakebook, its full of idiots and adverts, left a few years ago now! Ive got a 2004 RX8 that ive had since Feb, had a couple of MX5’s before that but finally realised im too big for them (6’4” and 19/20st ish). Its quite far from standard but i wouldnt call it custom yet
Oh and just to add, some of you guys may have been at Port Solent when i got refused entry ;)

RX8, that's the Rotary/Wankel isn't it? Back in the early 70's my old man had a NSU RO80, very smooth runner.

RX8, that's the Rotary/Wankel isn't it? Back in the early 70's my old man had a NSU RO80, very smooth runner.
Its both, 9/9.5k rpm as standard (not sure, havent made it beep yet! :eek: ), has to be warm before you turn it off everytime and will need a rebuild long before an equivalent piston engine!

Port Solent is run by someone else. Their entry is something like over 500hp, classic, american of something of interest. You do see many Mercs and BMW's down there, which may be over 500hp, they certainly don't fit the other categories for me.

Bring the RX8 down to the Southsea cruise on the 3rd Sunday of the month. You dont see many of them around, Is tht the one where the rear doors can open after the front doors are open?

Oh and just to add, some of you guys may have been at Port Solent when i got refused entry ;)
We took our smart roadster coupe there one time and was told it doesn't meet the criteria,,,,,Needless to say should i go in any of the yanks i will be sure NOT to park with the others, I get you don't want an event full of the "normal" cars etc....

Yep thats the BS i got, as it wasnt over 400 brake and i didnt turn up with a club i couldnt go into that side of the car park! Yep suicide doors too, kids have grown to love it now and i love turning heads! Im sure a cyclist is gonna fall off sooner or later :D

You seen the light then ref facetube then we'll done.
Post some pictures up ref car.
Yes I been to a few events that put put restrictions in place like is mentioned above it's like going to a super market carpark no thank you or if you have something special differant and the public walk away from their cars never to return coz they are look at your car they get jealous and upset..

I did attract a few other from the “meet” when i parked up :D

Hopefully this is a couple of pics for you

Attachments

• 0FE58018-E161-4422-886F-C9C6E5D36DBD.jpeg
    0FE58018-E161-4422-886F-C9C6E5D36DBD.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 7C7225FB-E0D8-434E-8FDC-EBD99C9D0F19.jpeg
    7C7225FB-E0D8-434E-8FDC-EBD99C9D0F19.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
USC at the pod this weekend they would like that , spare car next to yours for parts by any chance

so bit far with its thirst lol
you need to be on sick pay lol its not a v8 sc car that goes to the pod or and old 6.6lt v8 that dose 16 mpg ps wives never forgive they remember everything lol :) :eek:

Havent worked out mpg but 50p a mile just on premium, very slightly better on longer runs, plus a thirst for oil and looming rebuild/spare engine (61k miles)

Back