Welcome, 79Dolly

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Welcome to Solent Renegades, @79Dolly.

Hi all,

Thank for accepting !
Was at Beaulieu today & see the stand, so thought I'd see if I could join. My little project certainly isn't as nice as all the others !
0E64C8C9-FAF9-42DE-9987-8EF7A81F8B4F.jpeg
It was the 50 shades of brown Dolomite 1300 in the participants car park 👍

Looks great. You don't see many of them around. I did see it today. Thanks for coming along.
IMG_20210620_113617.jpg

What's left to do on your project?

Thank you,

It's a Triumph, so there's always something to do !
It's pretty solid, crusty not rusty I like to say, so will leave the exterior pretty much as is.
I was thinking an engine swap, but decided against it in order to keep it "fairly original". So I have a small journal/high lift cam Spitfire bottom end to refresh and mate to a larger valved head which should push it along a little easier.

mags or wellar wheels ???? and side pipe on a 4 pot now thats differant or is photo making that up lol,,,

Yes, it's a side exit on a little 1300 🤣
The old system had some hanging mounts broken, but managed to make the side exit out of it - only needing to buy 1 x bend & a strap. I do have a full straight system to put on at some point.
The wheels are Steel Weller Slots from (I was told) a GT6. They are 6j and have a different offset so the rears rub slightly with any weight in the back.
I think they really suit it, but don't want to roll the arches so I'm at a dilemma whether to look for something else - I'm trying to stay away from the Sprint alloys as I like to be different !

The old system had some hanging mounts broken, but managed to make the side exit out of it - only needing to buy 1 x bend & a strap. I do have a full straight system to put on at some point.

Keep the side pipe well you said you like to be differant lol,,,,,

Back