Volunteers for photography project needed....

Mark

Hi my name is Mark. I'm a final year photography student at the Bournemouth Arts Institute currently doing a portrait project based on English owners of American classics.

I want to achieve a successful portrait series of owner and car, but trying not to make the car the main subject of the image. What I am asking from you guys is some time with you and car and maybe access to the interior of your garage to find that special detail that will link you to the car...

In return for helping me out I will spend some quality time on your car(s) getting lots of detail and exterior shots which will be yours on a cd.

This project is initially solely going to be viewed as a college project, but depending on the success I'd like to enter the images into a competition or even try and get it published.

If you are interested in volunteering for this project then please contact me via this forum or on my mobile:- 07782391534 I can also be contacted directly via email :- markhinwood@hotmail.com

I appreciate those who have already helped and look forward to meeting and being involved with more...

Kind regards

Mark

How old does the car need to be?
I don't have a garage, does that count?

:tt2:You can borrow ours Dan lol. I think your car would be a good photography project as would Pauld Camaro xx

I've not got a garage ... well not one the day van would fit in :001_07: but if you want to picture a day van with a light or two ........ and I'm close to bournemouth ... in Poole.

How old does the car need to be?
I don't have a garage, does that count?

Hi, Well to be honest a garage isn't essential :) and the age of car doesn't really matter too much. I'm just trying to link the Americanism within the portrait.

With the garage, all I was thinking was that there might be a random object (Hubcap, grill, Haynes manual :) ) that i could use as a prop instead of the obvious, the car.

Ultimately what I want for my project is a portraits series of people not the cars. But obviously am looking forward to spending some lens time on the cars...

The timescale I have for this project is fairly short, I really want to have the shots completed within 3 weeks.
I'm available most days and evenings (I'm a student after all) and would like to get as much done as early as possible.
So Dan and Chris, if you have a think about when you are available and let me know, I'll be there. The portraits can be done day or night but photographing the cars i think will be better off with daylight hours unless you want some moody night shots...

Cheers for the positive response so far and I look forward to meeting you all....

Regards

Mark

:)Hi Mark, not sure if you are interested but on Sunday morning a breakfast run has been organised to Stokes Bay. If the weather is dry a lot of our members bring their cars, we meet up Portsdown hill about 9.30 and cruise down to Gosport to have breakfast at a beachside cafe. If this is any good to you then please join us you will be more than welcome. If you want to contact me please give me a ring on 07759084815. Take care x

Hi Mark sounds like a great project you are working on,we have various interesting american cars and even more interesting people/members in our club some madder than others.You know who you are!! like mummyjan said we have a breakfast run on Sunday 15th Nov and if you were able to make it come and have a chat with a few of us,we would love to help you with your project.Hopefully the weather will be on our side and we will see you there.

Cheers Superb!

Hi,

Yes Sunday sounds good, I will hopefully be there.

I had made plans to go to the Goodwood breakfast club 2 weeks ago but when i woke up at silly o'clock it was raining a little bit, well I think a boat would have been the better choice of transport. So instead I went to my local view point 'Sea View' in Poole where a posse of 'Can-Am' owners regularly turn up.

I will look forward to having breakfast with you guys and be hoping for the sun to be shining :)

It was good to chat to you Jan and I look forward to meeting you and your family....

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark, we have had to change our venue for sunday as we have just found out there is a road run with hundreds of people gathering in the vicinity of the cafe. Not good for parking american cars as you can appreciate !! we are now going to another one on Hayling Island, so if you still want to join us same plans as before but we will have to leave our house about 9.10 to get up to Portsdown Hill ready to leave for Hayling about 9.30. Just give me a call or a post on here and let me know if you still want to come and I will direct you to ours . take care x

Hi Mark, we have had to change our venue for sunday as we have just found out there is a road run with hundreds of people gathering in the vicinity of the cafe. Not good for parking american cars as you can appreciate !! we are now going to another one on Hayling Island, so if you still want to join us same plans as before but we will have to leave our house about 9.10 to get up to Portsdown Hill ready to leave for Hayling about 9.30. Just give me a call or a post on here and let me know if you still want to come and I will direct you to ours . take care x

Good job you round out about the runners, that could have been a bit problematic.

I'll adjust it on the events calendar.

:eek: That would be good Dan, I think Soups is going to put a note on here as well. By the way love the smileys now that I have found them !!!

:eek: That would be good Dan, I think Soups is going to put a note on here as well. By the way love the smileys now that I have found them !!!

Your becoming an expert. Glad your getting the hang of it all.

Hi Renegades as Mummyjan has already mentioned there is a half marathon event on at stokes bay on sunday so we will venture down to Zoe's cafe on Hayling Island instead.We will still meet up the hill at the same time to leave at 9.30am,just means we are cruising to a different location.Remember to give Zoe some stick cause she will be serving us,Superrrrrrrb!!! The sun always shines on the Renegades so see you all Sunday.

Tally Ho Chocks Away!!!

Superb!

hey mark gotta black magic dayvan with a dragon theme smokey tyres and light show, also gotta garage where my 1957 pontiac starchief lies waiting to be finished with parts hanging around walls and shelves if ya wanna make use of this ya more than welcome emailme on dj-show@live.co.uk or i maybe there at hayling sunday but cant promise.

If its raining Sunday i don't think there will be many of us going at all. I don't think i can do it all again like we did at Goodwood a couple of weekends ago. Bazza don't like the rain :(

Weather looks rubbish for Sunday, might have to give this one a miss :mad:.

Weather looks rubbish for Sunday, might have to give this one a miss :mad:.

Hi all,

Hopefully the weather tom morning won't be anywhere near as bad as it was today!! With the weather being good I will look forward to meeting you all under sunny skies...

If the weather isn't so good then I am still hoping to meet some of you, but we will have to wait and see...

If people feel that they have some time after breakfast and can help me out, then that would be great.

And if those who don't make it out for breakfast feel they could spare some time for me throughout the day then I would be happy to travel to you. I can be contacted on 07782391534.

Thanks again

Mark

Hi all,

It was really good to meet a lot of you on Sunday, I was so glad that the weather held out!

I'm traveling around various places in Portsmouth tomorrow meeting up with some of you, but I do have a couple of slots available in the morning and late afternoon if anyone else fancies giving up a small amount of their time to help me out with my project.....????

If you feel you are able to help me out then please contact me with your details so I can come and meet you....

Mobile - 07782391534
Email - markhinwood@hotmail.com

Thank you all for your help so far

Mark

I believe you have been speaking to my mum today (Mummy Jan) and arranged to come and see us girlies tomorrow night. We will be there so see you then Mark.

:)

Hi Trace,

Yes I'll be coming over at some point, around 7.30 i think.

Will look forward to it...

Mark

Back