Volkswagen Polo Mk3 or Mk4

lunty

Core Member
Not american but im looking for a mk3/4 polo for my first car.

I have seen a couple but slightly out of my price range. I dont really want to spend anything over like ?700 so if anyone has seen any VW Polos around for sale then could you let me know :)

cheers

Jack, does it have to be a polo for any reason?

nothing more than that i would like one :p have you heard of anything different?

theres a corsa (i think) down the road from me for ?275 thats all, we always getting cheep little cars near us!

i would like a corsa if i cant get a dub. could you get some details on it for me if thats ok? where you from anyways?

Paulsgrove!!!!! Will stop on way to show tomorrow and see if its still there if not there is a clio around here somewhere too for about the same price!

nice one!! thanks alot!! you will have to come find me because i dont actually know who you are XD im sure i will recognise you though. i just cant put the name to the face

Hey Jack, theres a vauxhall calibra for sale down the road from me for ?200 dunno if it will do you???

they only come minimum of 2L. not sure how much insurance would be for a 2L. would rather stick with a 1L or 1.3L to be safe :) cheers anyway!!

didn't realize thought smallest was 1.6 oh well no worries!

nah, aparently the smallest is 2.0. cheers for telling me about it though :D ?200 is a bargain i must admit :p

Hi Jack

I was hoping you were going to get an old shape mini like Jo's blue one, i know Josh wants one and we were hoping if you got one then when we do the Southsea cruise we could recreate the Italian Job with red, white and blue mini's just for a laugh.
Food for thought!

Cheers Supe's. Squirrels in Lycra are coming for you!

I have to say, if I was getting a first car again, I'd get a Mini. A friend of mine had a Mk4 polo, it was perhaps a little bit nippier, but couldn't handle anything like the Mini could. You could throw that car around and it'd stick to the road like glue, can't beat a Mini as far as small cars go. The other good thing is there are so many aftermarket parts available for that car it'd bankrupt richard branson, and the sky is the limit when it comes to customising them, I've even seen one with a 540bhp ford v8 powering it. That mini could humiliate porsche's and ferraris, it could even stay with the McLaren F1 up to 100mph, when the aerodynamics of the McLaren would start winning out.

Go with the mini Jack. We could call you the 'Mini Men' haha!! I would love to have a mini. An older one preferably but we did go and look at the new ones up at Snows just before we got Lenny. All i kept thinking was i could get 3 Mustangs off ebay for the price they were asking. We knocked that idea on the head. If my lil bro sorts his mini out we would have a red one there and i am sure he would let his big sister drive it. Of course i would have to return the favour and let him drive Lenny !!

minis are too expensive :/ im only looking to spend like ?800 max. but i would rather spend like ?500 max. ive got my eye on a couple of polos now anyways :) im gonna get a mini later on!! i WILL have a mini sometime!!

Hey Jack saw this on ebay and thought you might be intreseted 160478226692

It might go cheap too because the steering wheel is on the right side, well for us yank drivers anyway ;) Unless they have original documentation stating it was built in 1983, I'd just class it as an early Mk2. I know in this country they were still selling Mk1's in 1984 because that's the year of mine, still it looks like a tidy car.

I used to drive a Mk1 Golf and they're solid, the engine in particular was very strong. That's a 1.6 and it was pretty nippy. Only thing I'd say is check out the insurance. You may be able to get classic insurance for it.

Darren all i can say is you are a book of knowledge. You teach me something nearly everyday and i thank you :)

oooo that looks sooo nice :D cheers alan :) will keep an eye on it ;) the wheels are ugly but they dont come with it anyway. cheers for the find

Back