Visitors record

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
On the 17th April last year we had the most users ever online was 589, 17-04-2014 at 22:31[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif].[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Some of these visitors could be search engines/robots reading web pages. It was very odd to see soo many. Usually we have around 100 visitors, I have seen it reach over 200 this year. I dont know what caused the peak of almost 600 visitors.
What's classed as a visitor, well any unique computer/ipad/mobile that visits the website and is counted for 30mins. So if 10 people came online 1 min apart, then it would count all 10, if 40 users came onto the website 1 per min then only 30 would be recorded as its a rolling count for 30mins.

It was a nice surge of visitors and on my Birthday too, was born around 10pm, so a bit of a coincidence.

[/FONT]

On the 17th April last year we had the most users ever online was 589, 17-04-2014 at 22:31[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif].[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Some of these visitors could be search engines/robots reading web pages. It was very odd to see soo many. Usually we have around 100 visitors, I have seen it reach over 200 this year. I dont know what caused the peak of almost 600 visitors.[/FONT]

Ahh - that would be me and all my posting generating the activity!!!! :becky:

Yep, it all helps. Posting can catch the odd person searching, and the more content the more we get, so every thread helps.

Alec is going to write a how do blog on how he has step by step diagnosed his Chevy van, so that will be interesting reading and useful for people with similar issues. He think it may be the crank position sensor now as he has changed most other things. So hopefully we will see the van back on the road along with a brilliant write up.

Looks like That record is broken tonight. Last time I looked it was nearly at 700!

Wow smashed the record, it is currently being beaten as i write this. 686 users.
Can see a lot of visitors coming in from Facebook browsing the Season opener pictures. Website delivered 114 pages per minute at one point mainly picture viewing :)

:) awesome

Last edited:
That's kewl!

This is great news. Its fantastic to see so many people browsing the site.
The challenge now is turning those visitors from browsers to active posters.

Brilliant to see records broken, it was just over a year it stood. I wonder how long it will take to be over 706. It does seem to be a popular time of year when daily visitors go up, April is one of the best months, and with the show photo gallery going live, a huge amount of visitors all looking at the same time.

I'm hoping our number of visitors dont decrease too much after tomorrow. Google is ranking its search results due to mobile accessibility, this is coming into force tomorrow. If you view our website on a mobile(excluding tapatalk) the text is small then we will get penalised in the ranking results. Other websites will too, but perhaps we won't be affected too much in comparison with others. Its hard to make the website work for both mobile and desktop as its in the core of vBulletin, perhaps a plugin will come out... mind you it wouldn't be written by vBulletin, will be some 3rd party mod. I have been looking into alternatives and way around this to make it mobile friendly.

46% are desktop users
32% are mobile
22% are tablet

Since last year more people are using mobiles and less using desktops.

Well that record of 500users has been smashed in the last few weeks with over 2000 users, hopefully we see some numbers similar with this new forum. The page generation is a lot faster, certainly capable of many more connections,

you mean lurkers NOT users

And robots....
Well we should be able to handle the load for when the rush of users happen.

All we can do is generate content, and people may reply.

Back