Trip to the States

Visit going good. Getting loads done. Went out again for lunch, someone from the office drove. Saw a few cars go past. Saw a modern Dodge, rear end looked dodge, but front end different to charger/challenger.
I saw a 60/70s dodge dart, that had a nice burble to it. No photo though. I will keep looking.

Visit going good. Getting loads done. Went out again for lunch, someone from the office drove. Saw a few cars go past. Saw a modern Dodge, rear end looked dodge, but front end different to charger/challenger.
I saw a 60/70s dodge dart, that had a nice burble to it. No photo though. I will keep looking.

Hi Dan,

We are travelling to the US on Tuesday next week and have ordered approximately £800 worth of shiney bits to bolt on to the Belair when we come back! Also, planning a visit to the GM plant where the Belair was produced back in 1953! Unfortunately, the plant in Janesville, WI is being demolished but we are meeting the media director who is going to present us with a brick from the plant. I am not quite sure how we will explain a brick in the suitcase when we come through LAX on the way home!

Dean

Good luck with the shiney bits. I wonder what they will think of the brick.

Found a charger
IMG_20180912_181743.jpg

I may be going out in it next week.

Riding shot gun ????

Bringing a shot gun back with you then . wonder if (U S) will read this ? Lol...
So how did test drive go then?

Bringing a shot gun back with you then . wonder if (U S) will read this ? Lol...
So how did test drive go then?
It's next week he should be taking me out. He has a truck that he uses to and from work.

IMG_20180914_172653.jpg
Spotted.

Went fishing last night on the bosses boat. Great fun, good to chat and I was first to catch something. Only 13.5inchs so had to throw it back. Over 15inches you can keep.
Resized_20180914_182736.jpg

You wont want to come back to pompey at this rate

You wont want to come back to pompey at this rate

I need to come back for some rest at some point. everyone I work with are soo nice. Supper and Board games on Wednesday, that was great, beginners luck I think as won a few times. Then Thursday went out for a place called 'Panic Room' you get locked in a room and have to work out some clues to unlock combination locks or keypads where more clues are revealed. Never done that before, that was great too. Then out fishing last night.
Having a bit of a rest today. Called home a few times using Wassap for a video call, so I can chat to mum and the dogs. One dog seems to look at the phone as I'm talking to him, the other dog looks a bit confused.

At last, spotted some nice American cars on their home turf.
IMG_20180916_120016.jpg

IMG-20180916-WA0017.jpg

At least it’s regulated. There are many places in the world where anyone can buy firearms without any regulation and I’m
Not talking black-market.
And if we are talking black market then there are many U.K. cities where they are easy to purchase and the price just varies on how often the firearm has been used (dirty) before!
I know which I find more scary!

At least it’s regulated. There are many places in the world where anyone can buy firearms without any regulation and I’m
Not talking black-market.
And if we are talking black market then there are many U.K. cities where they are easy to purchase and the price just varies on how often the firearm has been used (dirty) before!
I know which I find more scary!

True, if you're talking black market, that ain't regulated of course, so you can probably get tooled up in most countries if you know the right people. But regulated or not, annual firearm related deaths per 100,000 of population in the U.S. at 11.9 compared to our 0.2 seems pretty scary to me! lol
Bear in mind that's a percentage and has nothing to do with country size. Although our figure is slowly rising sadly.

Stats and percentages can and are manipulated to enforce any answer the person using them wants to.
I’m sure I could come up with some numbers based on population that prove the other way and then I could skew it by showing bias towards areas inhabited by a prevalent racial type.
For me, the prevalence of weapons is neither here nor there, and neither is the amount of people carrying under a CCW permit because they have regulation. And whilst and regulation can be improved, it’s the Americans people’s choice - who are we to criticise?
And let’s not forget that the steak knife from Applebee’s in Dans hand could equally a weapon, along with the cars we drive and the hammer in our toolbox.
All of these have proven very effective weapons in the wrong hands and all easily attainable.
But this is opinion and politic and not what this is about?
Enjoy your stay in the US Dan and let’s see more pics, especially when you go out in that Charger Hellcat!

Stats and percentages can and are manipulated to enforce any answer the person using them wants to.
I’m sure I could come up with some numbers based on population that prove the other way and then I could skew it by showing bias towards areas inhabited by a prevalent racial type.
For me, the prevalence of weapons is neither here nor there, and neither is the amount of people carrying under a CCW permit because they have regulation. And whilst and regulation can be improved, it’s the Americans people’s choice - who are we to criticise?
And let’s not forget that the steak knife from Applebee’s in Dans hand could equally a weapon, along with the cars we drive and the hammer in our toolbox.
All of these have proven very effective weapons in the wrong hands and all easily attainable.
But this is opinion and politic and not what this is about?
Enjoy your stay in the US Dan and let’s see more pics, especially when you go out in that Charger Hellcat!

Well, as we know, it's an emotive issue that ain't gonna be solved by us on here. And as you rightly say mate, we have strayed off subject rather. But I know one thing, we've probably scared the crap out of Dan between us. I bet he's on an early flight home as we speak lol
Good call re-Dan's ride in the Hellcat. Better yet Dan, take some video so we can hear it :nod: