thread die kits

saleen 192

Core Member

1648297465211.png

I have a metric and unc/unf set that goes to M12 /1/2 inch and a few old sizes that i have needed over the years even got a m14 tap and die that i needed for dads van, but i know need a m16 or unc,unf to repair a bearing,puller tool so not crucial what size along as its over m16, i can buy a m16 die,tap for about 25quid but for double the price i can get a full metric kit as some of mine are old now so might buy this i know its a cheap brand its not being used in a factorty, or might weight till the shows start and see whats out there?

i also have a helio coil kit which has been used alot but imperial kits are expensive,
1648297826436.png

Wow, that thread and die kit for £53 does seem very cheap. wonder what the quality will be like?

presto or dorman tap or tap die set for one size start from about 6quid up to about 20 quid roughly , i think if in factory industrial setting you would buy better quality or would you ???

Used my heli coil kit a few times now works great

What was the last thing you used the heli coil kit on? any photos?

no photos a Citroen knacked thread m12 thread rusty as f@@k

Quite tempted with that tap&die kit. Always useful to have, tihnk I only have 3mm, 4mm, 5mm and 6mm and only about 3 die sizes.
Always great to build up tools.

agree worth having in toolbox kit used a 1/4 x 20 tap the other day on TA as TA is imperial everything else on my other cars is metric apart from the specials like ball joint thread, heli coil set worth having as well overall have the 2 kits its not alot of money saves alot of down time hassle if you not got the kits,
if you plan on working on older cars worth buying imperial tap dia kit as well,

As dan is into buying tools at the moment for the poor old camaro dont forget a thread die kit (y) (y) :)

As dan is into buying tools at the moment for the poor old camaro dont forget a thread die kit (y) (y) :)
I actually have one from screw fix. Not a large kit, 3mm to 8mm I think. All metric. If I do tap a thread in the camaro then a metric bolt is going in anyway.