The shape of things to come?

What would you rather drive?

The petrol one, but it just shows what's possible with electric. As I mentioned on a separate thread, those electric karts were a real eye opener for me. I didn't miss the petrol engine at all, even though I expected to. But we aren't talking about a thundering V8..which I would prefer to an electric motor any day lol

The advantage there is not electric but 4 wheel drive. Once the Hellcat overcomes its lack of traction Horse Power was king.
And as the driver of an electric car they have their place but it sparks zero emotion. Soulless with no character.

Yes, I think that four wheel drive was a big factor here. Although, the job was almost done by the time the Hellcat got its power down, even with a short head start. I think the result was partly also because an electric motor will produce its maximum torque from zero RPM, obviously good for initially getting off the line.
While I am intrigued by electric vehicles, I totally agree also about their total absence of soul and character. For that reason, as I say, out of the two cars in that video, I would rather have the Dodge all day long!

It's a sad thought, but as electric cars become increasingly popular and internal combustion cars gradually outlawed, aided also by battery and motor advancements, I can see electric being the norm for the future generations, not only on the road but also on the track. Sure glad it won't be in my lifetime!

The first race, in the dark, I don’t think the Hellcat driver even got started. Also 1/8 mile is never going to favour RWD vs 4WD.

I feel sorry for future generations. Not that they would see it this way but they’ll miss the noise, vibrations and smell.
Hopefully I can buy a brand new Hellcat and then keep it for life.

Agreed, the first run at night wasn't fair. Maybe the Hellcat driver wasn't ready?
Yeah, same here. I've had some breathtaking and unforgettable experiences thanks to the internal combustion engine over the years, both watching and driving/riding, on land, water and in the air. I simply can't imagine electric powered vehicles stirring the emotions to the same level.

Agreed, the first run at night wasn't fair. Maybe the Hellcat driver wasn't ready?
Yeah, same here. I've had some breathtaking and unforgettable experiences thanks to the internal combustion engine over the years, both watching and driving/riding, on land, water and in the air. I simply can't imagine electric powered vehicles stirring the emotions to the same level.
I wonder how long it will be before electric powerboats are available if they are not already.

I wonder how long it will be before electric powerboats are available if they are not already.

The charging network is hard to develop in the middle of the oceans!!!🤣

But seriously, cars are easy to recover if they run out of electricity but a boat owner could believe they have power to return but get caught out by high seas and strong winds. Then it’s an exercise involving the RNLI and a fooking big pack of Duracell!!🤓

The charging network is hard to develop in the middle of the oceans!!!🤣

But seriously, cars are easy to recover if they run out of electricity but a boat owner could believe they have power to return but get caught out by high seas and strong winds. Then it’s an exercise involving the RNLI and a fooking big pack of Duracell!!🤓
Lol :LOL:(y). True, it's a valid point. I guess it's not much different to a skipper making sure he has enough fuel in his internal combustion engined boat. I often carry extra fuel in a can in the boat as a backup. Maybe electric boats could carry back up battery packs just to get them to safety? ... assuming the weight wouldn't sink them! :oops::ROFLMAO:

Back