The PS5 is shaping up to be an insanely powerful console

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
ps5.jpg

he Sony Playstation has now been a part of gaming and entertainment life for a quarter of a century, with the first units arriving in lounges and bedrooms around the world in 1994. Of course the console has been through a lot of changes and generations since then. The most recent full reboot of the popular console happened in 2013 when the PS4 was released, with a PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro joining the Playstation family in 2016.

But with nearly seven years having passed since the PS4, it’s no wonder that gaming fans can barely contain their excitement at the prospect of a completely new console in 2020, the hugely anticipated PS5.

But what do we know about this brand new Playstation, when will it be available to buy in the UK and across the world, how much might it cost and what games can we expect to be available on release?

Although tight-lipped about the exact capabilities of the new device, the article made clear that Sony would be delivering a fundamental change in the gaming experience for users – a real step up from the PS4 or it’s Slim and Pro cousins.

Since then a number of other details have been revealed and rumoured about the next generation console including:

• The console is expected to have an 8-core, 16-thread CPU.
  • The graphics are expected to run on a variant of AMD’s Navi family.
  • The new console will have custom SSD storage built in.
  • The internal Blu-ray drive is expected to run 100GB discs and Ultra HD Blu-ray.
  • The storage could be up to 1TB as standard.
  • The PS5 is expected to have a revamped user interface
  • The controller is reported to have variable resistance triggers for a more immersive gameplay experience.
  • PS4 Ganmes are romoured to play on the PS5
  • 4K video as standard, however Sony have demoed 8K on one of Sony's new TV's.

Yeah I dont get that much time on it myself.

Althogh Sarah is glued to facebook she pulls herself away to watch Love Island, which is just as brain nimbing, so I go into PS VR world so I'm still on the same sofa, but I'm somewhere else.

If I get a PS5 towsrds the end of this year, I may put the PS4 in the garage, wired up to an overhead projector to cast a picture on the large wall.

Sometimes I miss my gaming days. But I certainly fill that time with other things now.
What sort of games did you play?

My gaming more or less begins and ends with Manic Miner and Donkey Kong on a ZX Spectrum.
I remember Jetpac, that was a good one too.

What sort of games did you play?

First person shooting games. Started with MOHAA, then Battlefield Vietnam and ended with COD4. We joined a clan and fought clan wars and were both very good. Later we had our own clan complete with games server and website forum.
I just got bored dealing with kids and pricks. Took a break and decided I didn’t want to go back. That was the end of that.
Shame, at the end my personal world ranking was very high. Within the top 1000 in the world IIRC but it was a long time ago and I’ve both slept and been drunk since so perhaps I’m remembering wrong.

Back