The Name Game......

Charlie Croker

(Fictional character... and shame on any petrol head who doesn't know from which movie! lol).

hmmm, not sure the Italian job counts as a petrol heads movie!! Comedy maybe!
Are you serious? !!! :ROFLMAO:
I'll cut to the chase here (no pun intended lol) and make a guess that you've never owned a classic Mini? Lol

Steve McQueen

Last edited:
Malik Rami

Are you serious? !!! :ROFLMAO:
I'll cut to the chase here (no pun intended lol) and make a guess that you've never owned a classic Mini? Lol

I have zero desire to own one!!
A petrol heads movie to me is Vanishing Point or Two Lane Blacktop or even one of the Fast n’ Furious movies where the cars are the stars. The Italian Job doesn’t do that for me although the it starts with promise with the Aston and Jag!

Malik Rami

I have zero desire to own one!!
A petrol heads movie to me is Vanishing Point or Two Lane Blacktop or even one of the Fast n’ Furious movies where the cars are the stars. The Italian Job doesn’t do that for me although the it starts with promise with the Aston and Jag!

Randy Quaid

So I was bang on then!! (y)
And...the Mini's aren't the star cars in the 1969 Italian Job??! Hmmm :unsure:. Maybe watch it again dude lol.
New thread time?

No surname to follow with Quasimodo so I’ll follow Randy Quaid

Quentin Tarantino

So I was bang on then!! (y)
And...the Mini's aren't the star cars in the 1969 Italian Job??! Hmmm :unsure:. Maybe watch it again dude lol.
New thread time?

Not even close IMHO. They don’t even feature for 1/2 the movie and when they do the action is boring. Doesn’t get the petrol in my veins moving. Might as well be watching Dancing with the stars or something!!:poop:

No surname to follow with Quasimodo so I’ll follow Randy Quaid

Quentin Tarantino

Not even close IMHO. They don’t even feature for 1/2 the movie and when they do the action is boring. Doesn’t get the petrol in my veins moving. Might as well be watching Dancing with the stars or something!!:poop:

Tony Curtis

No, I meant bang on with my guess that you've never owned a classic Mini.
Boring?...really?!!! They drive across a weir, down stairs, through subways, through a sewer tunnel, jump rooftops, then up ramps onto a moving coach. Not sure what else anyone would want in a car chase...and they were real stunts, there was no CGI then. And a car chase can still be one without V8's in BTW lol.
Perhaps we'll leave it that The Italian Job is a great car chase movie loved by most British petrol heads (because youre the first I've met who doesn't), but that it's perhaps not your cup of tea because you don't like Mini's (y).
If they stick it on TV over Crimbo I'll deffo grab a beer and sit down to watch it.
Enjoy the dancing mate! lol :sleep:

Last edited:
Gene Wilder

Back