Sultan Show, Gosport - 16th/17th June

Laceytree

Club co ordinator
This years HMS Sultan Summer Show will be on Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th June 2012.
Join The Heart Angels at one of the most popular outdoor events in the South attracting around 25,000 visitors over the weekend. All proceeds go to charity.

Doors open at 10am. Attractions include Classic car displays, Helicopter rides, Wildlife displays, Steam Lorries and much more!

Relax with the Heart Angels:
Come and relax in our Alfresco zone or learn what is takes to be a presenter in our "Make Me a DJ" interactive studio. Plus, get a massage from feetwave

Main Arena entertainment:

This year there's a wide range of exciting acts in the main arena, including:

Monster Trucks
Royal Navy Raiders Parachute Display Team
Flying Gunners - The Royal Artillery Motorcycle Display Team
Royal Marines Band
Royal Marine combat dipslay team

Getting there:

The show is situated in Military Road, Gosport.
By road: Follow the A32 from Fareham and follow the AA signs for the Summer Show.
By bus: There is a free shuttle bus service from the Gosport Ferry to the Sultan Summer Show which has been organised by the Provincial Society.

Last edited:
Is anyone going to this?. We will need to get the club entry for in very shortly.

i'll go if anyone else is goin

Me and Sarah will be there we were going to be going somewhere else that weekend, but I don't think we are going. So I think the sultan show is on the cards for us that weekend now

Are you going both days or just the Sunday?. Sunday is Fathers Day and cruise and i know that Jennie & Alan are going Sunday and i have just spoken with H and he wants to go the Sunday too so we have the car out for one day and can do the cruise afterwards then to the pub for dinner after. Jennie did mention though that you have to be in place by 9am and not allowed to move until 6pm. Can you email them Dan and see if this is the case as i really don't dancy being there all that time especially if we have the cruise after.

i'll tag along if ok x

Are you going both days or just the Sunday?. Sunday is Fathers Day and cruise and i know that Jennie & Alan are going Sunday and i have just spoken with H and he wants to go the Sunday too so we have the car out for one day and can do the cruise afterwards then to the pub for dinner after. Jennie did mention though that you have to be in place by 9am and not allowed to move until 6pm. Can you email them Dan and see if this is the case as i really don't dancy being there all that time especially if we have the cruise after.
Emailed them a few hours ago, as soon as I hear anything I'll pop it on here.
If its nice weather, I could leave the car there for the day and walk to stokes bay for a change of scenery.

Just got a response from Dave at the Sultan Show

There are still places available and officially the gates stay closed until 5-30 with no vehicle movement when the show is open to the public.

Regards

Dave

I was thinking of going on Saturday to the Saltan Show.
Sunday me and Sarah are going to the Viewpoint in Poole. I've never done fathers day stuff, mind you it would help if I knew who/where he was.

Matt are you up for Saturday? if so what vehicle? I need to get the form sent today, although I think we are too late now anyway, but its worth a shot.
Anyone want to go?

will prob take van if ya doin saturday

Dont think we gonna go any day now as the field will be bogged. I remember from past experiences getting stuck there in wet weather and it wasnt nice!!! Dan you not going to the cruise sunday or will you be back by then?

dan if ya comin to dinner sat i'll prob give sultan a miss so we can get dinner sorted

Dont think we gonna go any day now as the field will be bogged. I remember from past experiences getting stuck there in wet weather and it wasnt nice!!! Dan you not going to the cruise sunday or will you be back by then?
We will be back in time for the southsea cruise, can't miss that. Although if this rain keeps up we will all be doing the cruise in Darrens boat.

well think it could be a washout to be honest, i would go sunday but think i would have the sinky feeling and get bogged in,,,, not doin show sat either as working but will be burning it up at cruise yeha :drum:

Update for Sultan Show
An update on the Summer Show from the committee :-

SAT/SUN 16/17 JUN 12 – SULTAN SHOW
With the rain expected on Fri and the rather uncertain forecast for the weekend the show will be a challenge but we are absolutely determined to put on the best event we can and give the very best value for money to our visitors. To that end we have arranged for the Fun Fair to reduce its prices by a third and SULTAN will be looking to reduce the prices of entry.
Because of the weather we will not be able to use the Bay House School playing fields for parking and therefore we will be using available parking in SULTAN for the show. Visitors will then transit via Siskin Gate to the Entry Gate of the playing fields.

Classic Cars will be as programmed , entrance via the Trade Gate in Grange Road.
Only the public car parking is affected.
Provided the weather is as forecasted by the BBC today it will be a good show.
Any updates to this information will be posted on the classic car website - www.sultan-classic-cars.co.uk

Dave White

Mind you I don't think anyone has pre-booked so it wont effect us anyway.

Back