So, is it me?

chris68coupe

Super Moderator
So, are people on telly starting more sentances with the word 'so' or is it just me?

So it is true.

lol, Yes it very odd, come from american TV perhaps. I was working with a chap in Ireland and the beginning of what he said began with 'So'. of if we went to a pub, there first thing they would say before we ordered was 'Now', we looked puzzled, 'now what', we translated that to mean 'what would you like'.

SO IT IS ME JUST me or do a lot of people not use this forum :peep::peep::tongue2::tongue2:

SO IT IS ME JUST me or do a lot of people not use this forum :peep::peep::tongue2::tongue2:
Teach the sheep to write, we could have a lot more users then.

Hadn’t noticed if I’m honest. Far more irritating is the people use the word “like”.
For example, “I was talking to Dave, and I was like, what’s the problem?”

Grrr! :censored:

I don't like like either!

So, are people on telly starting more sentances with the word 'so' or is it just me?

Hi Chris
No, it's not just you and I am glad you have pointed this out. I noticed it some time ago and it drives me nuts! Lol.
It is quite annoying but bearable when people start talking about a new subject with the word "so", but they seem to do it when answering a question, which just seems wrong and grammatically incorrect. As Dan says, I think it started in the States and is being copied over here.

Yep they both annoy the heck outta me too.

I dont think you should be worried about SO more worried that the japanese are taking over our shops everytime i go to pay for something the checkout person says Hiyaaaaaaaa
say it a few times you will get the idea !! so annoying what happened to " hello " ?????

Back