Simply American car show @ Beaulieu 16/08

Added to Calendar: 16-08-20

Definitely! I actually think it was too soon to open pubs and all of the other indoor based things that are now allowed.

Meeting at M27 Rownhams services to leave at 9am, this will get us to the Beaulieu gates at 9.30am for when they open up.

Tickets cannot be purchased at the gate, make sure you have brought your tickets via their website before the day.

Email from Beaulieu. Looking forward to it.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SIMPLY AMERICAN
Sunday 16th August 2020
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to Simply American this Sunday at Beaulieu.

Entry with your American vehicle is from 9.30am until 2pm – an outdoor catering area will be open for bacon rolls, cakes, teas and coffee.

Please do not arrive early. With participant entry capped at 750 with approximately 350 vehicles, the queuing times for entry will be significantly reduced removing the need to arrive earlier. The National Motor Museum will not open until 10am and Palace House at 11am. Capacity in both is being managed, but they will be open all day for you to visit.

Please print your e-ticket as this will make entry quicker and easier for all participants as well as reducing the contact between yourselves and staff.

A LIMITED number of participant tickets are still available to purchase here. Please do not bring any extra passengers on the day as they will not be given entry. If you have extra passengers that wish to attend on the day, they will be required to come through our Visitor reception on arrival, if space permits.

Please ensure you have tickets covering all persons (including under 5's whom now require a ticket) arriving in your vehicle. No extra tickets will be sold on the day.

Following the latest Government advice, you will also be required to wear face masks if you plan on visiting any of our indoor spaces.

Our Simply rallies will go ahead come rain or shine so best to be prepared for all eventualities the English weather may bring, particularly with limited capacity for indoor spaces available in the attraction.

Additional Covid-19 Measures

We appreciate how important it is for you to feel safe during your visit to Beaulieu, so we have developed a Visitor Safety Promise to explain the steps we are taking to keep you safe during your day out at Beaulieu.

We have also taken additional measures for our Simply rallies to ensure the safety of both yourselves and our staff which include the following:
  • Participant entry (those arriving in an American vehicle) is capped to 750 persons.
  • Club stand bookings are not permitted for this year.
  • All participant vehicles will be parked in the parkland to ensure cars can be positioned a safe distance from each other.
  • There will be no People's Choice at our Simply rallies this year.
  • There will be no trade stands at our Simply rallies this year
  • You will be required to wear a face mask in all our of indoor spaces.
  • Our staff will be wearing PPE where 2m distance cannot be maintained – we ask that you respect social distancing measure and maintain 2m from staff and all other visitors when here at Beaulieu.
  • Toilet facilities will be available across the attraction; for the parkland toilets please queue 2m apart from the correct end and maintain the one in one out system in operation. Please use the hand sanitising stations before entering and wash your hands for a full 20 seconds, sanitise again on exit.
  • Lastly – please do not attend Simply American if you feel unwell with any symptoms of COVID-19 or have come into contact with anyone who may have symptoms. If this is the case please email events@beaulieu.co.uk to let us know you will be unable to attend.

Visiting the Beaulieu Attraction

Your Simply American participant ticket includes entry into all of the attractions here at Beaulieu. Find out more about what's to see before you visit on our website.

The indoor areas of the attraction do have capacity limits in place, so bear in mind that you may have to queue at busier times for some of these areas. The National Motor Museum is open until 6pm and you can stay on site until closing time.

Driving in the Forest

We do ask that you please drive carefully and responsibly both on our roads and when exiting onto the highway, we will have traffic measures in place to minimise this. The police monitor our Simply rallies carefully. Please also be aware of free-roaming animals and cyclists on the roads. Due to the close proximity of our neighbours, please be respectful when entering and leaving Beaulieu and keep noise to a minimum.

We look forward to seeing you on Sunday and hope you enjoy your day!

Leaving Rownhams at 9.00am, this is the route we will be taking, its the usual route. Just sharing for people that haven't been the usual route.
Beaulieu_Convoy.jpg

If it rains your car will get dirty. Lol. Enjoy people plenty of photos

Weather looking good, dry and nice cool breeze. Now do I wear shorts of jeans....

Heavy, heavy rain. Sat in the car. ☹
Same here, just got a coffee, and sat in the car. Dogs are soaked, laying in their dog bed and windows steaming up. Got a good few photos, done less than half of the 2nd car park begire the touch screen didn't like rain. If the rain eases off I'll nip round to grab the last of them.

NO RAIN HERE IN WALES lol
ok their was over night and more planned for later ref forcast,,,,,,

As soon as we hit the A34 the rain stopped and the roads were dry. M3 & A34 traffic heavy though. Been home about 20mins so still a good run at less then 90mins.
Great to get out even if the weather wasn’t good. Now I know that next weekend is for car washing!!

Yes a very good day. Manages to get most cars (apart from those that left early cos of the rain). They’re uploading to Flickr as we speak :)

As soon as we hit the A34 the rain stopped and the roads were dry. M3 & A34 traffic heavy though. Been home about 20mins so still a good run at less then 90mins.
Great to get out even if the weather wasn’t good. Now I know that next weekend is for car washing!!
Took us about 90mins to get home too, rain all the way home, M27 was getitng a bit dodgy in places, cars slamming on brakes and going way too fast in my opinion. Great to see you two again.

Took us about 90mins to get home too, rain all the way home, M27 was getitng a bit dodgy in places, cars slamming on brakes and going way too fast in my opinion. Great to see you two again.

Too fast Dan,its a 50 limit from M3 to Fareham:p

Too fast Dan,its a 50 limit from M3 to Fareham:p
lol, yeah it was a white knuckle ride at 50mph.
This was after the Fareham turn off cars going well over 80 in bad visibility and rain soaked roads, and scrambling for lanes for M27 or M275, how people avoided each other I don't know.

Thanks for taking and posting the pics Dan. Well done to everyone who attended and especially AT and Clare for making the long trip down in the wet.. and in both cars, was good to see you (y):cool:.
Let's hope for better weather for the next event 🤞.
From home I can see blue sky to the south now... typical :rolleyes:

Back