• Stick with stock, change bearings and regrind crank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go for 383ci stroker kit.

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Well as most of you know I have been having troubles with the bottom end of my engine, well the problem started at the top end.

The valve train dumped some shrapnel down the bottom end. Ground down into the oil. this is not good for bearings.

I have brought many parts to renew the top end, like cam, pushrods, lifters, rockers, gaskets and a more powerful cam.

Engine is out. Crank will probably have to be reground and larger bearings fitted. The other option is to change the crank/rods/pistons and make it a 383ci.

So I guess there is two options.

Stick with 346ci (5.7L) approx 500hp
Go with 383ci (6.3L) conversion to put out around 570+hp?

Sorry Dan but for me it's a no-brainier - go 383 :)

But as Dave mentioned before it's easy to spend other people's money.

Where is the option to swap the engine for a hellcat!!!! ;)

I say go 383. But then I always go aftermarket. It offers so much more bang for the buck and is generally more reliable as its not built to the same mass production numbers or to meet the manufacturers bottom line and sometimes don't have to meet the CAFE (emissions) standards.
Stroke it!

Shipping $223.00 from the states. Not too bad considering how much that weighs.

No, just fishing for possibilities of what direction to go.

Pound to Dollar is pretty pants, $1.6 to a £1 when I brought the car in 2002.
$1.21 to a £1 now.
However buying in the UK isn't any cheaper, so shipping costs comes into it, and import tax.

It makes sense to 383ci it, as everything is fresh, but cost is a hurdle.

Don't know how much it is to regrind the crank, but looking at over £100 for bearings and over 1 week delivery from RealSteel (no stock at present, just sold it all the other day) I know there are other places. There are two very local places that regrind cranks.

What your thoughts on compression with that stroker, the pistons are -3.1cc, but I guess that is where there is a longer stroke more air gets in, so compression figure may be the more or less the same?

Didn't crazy pete stroke black magic ? if he did mybe he could advise (and i am talking about his van)

Anyone head anything bad about Eagle?
I read Eagle is Chinese
Lutani is American and over double the price.

Read a lot of positive comments about Eagle, and people running them in 700rwhp applications and not seen any issues. The forums seems to say if you are shooting for 1000+ HP then go Lutani.

I see there are 395ci strokers too. Same 3.905" bore.

be no money left for the wedding ring at this rate... good plan.:heh::heh::whistle::whistle::becky:

Last edited:
be no money left for the wedding ring at this rate... good plan.:heh::heh::whistle::whistle::becky:
I could make one that compliments the engagement ring. :yo:

Okay 383 it is.
Need to verify my CC of the heads to get the correct pistons. Just need to find a syringe with measurements on it. I have the plastic, just need to drill the hole.
It will have K1 crank, scat rods, wiseco pistons, clevite bearings.

Pop to your local vets for the syringe. They use them for administering oral medication and have volume markings, perfect!

Pop to your local vets for the syringe. They use them for administering oral medication and have volume markings, perfect!
Yes will try them if the pharmacy no good, the pharmacy is about .8 miles, the vet is nearer 2. I thought we had one for Bailey, but must have been from a previous house.

Ordered a 383ci, was tempted with the 395ci as well. I think it is right on the limit. People have done it, but more have done the 383ci. Still a nice increase over 346ci. So i will soon be a 6.3l

Back