shakey drag strip

saleen 192

Core Member
Great idea to have one in Wales, we would pop in for a coffee too to see you.

I will put the kettle on then

This could be good news result,

Shakey

bottom of page link to facebook to wales drag strip result

Last edited:
Found this,
Ok, here's an idea. What with Shakespeare County Raceway closing and a £315 million Circuit being built in Wales. It will have a 3.5 mile main track and two other tracks for karting and 4x4 off roading. Could we pursued the builders before they start to include a 1/4 mile track. Wouldn't hurt to ask, Alun Davies of Blaenau Gwent is the AM for that area. Emails, petition? Ideas? If you don't ask you don't get. We would need everyone's support to get this up and running. I think you would agree it would make a fantastic Drag Strip. In put from Clubs and organisers would be appreciated.
Track info
For all media enquiries (including motor sport) please call Jules Perkins at Crunch Communications on 44 (0)207 384 6195 or 44 (0)7798 858 885 or contact him at jules@crunchcommunications.co.uk
For recruitment enquiries please contact our recruitment partner Phil Cook at Smart Solutions at pcook@smartsr.co.uk
Any other enquiries please email us at info@hotvdc.com.
This website is operated by Heads of the Valleys Development Company Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, company registration number 07685475.
GROUP TYPE
GROUP TYPE

So as it's possibly going to be it's last year will post the dates up for track events anybody up for attending even racing as well??
Shakespeare County Raceway

Last edited:
Never driven on a proper dragstip, although wouldn't mind giving it a go, hoping it all holds together. I could be up for this.

That's great, hopeing to get there this year

I've done a RWYB at both Santa Pod and Shakey. Its not my thing, I prefer corner carving!! But If the club is having a get-together up at Shakey we would happily tag along!!

It's hard to get a gathering to go. But the power of the forum may bring us together.
There are some corners at the bottom of the track ;)

Reading through the facebook group it looks like people are just suggesting places that meets could possibly be held at but not much else about it?? I think that with all the big boys and girls racing at Santa Pod I would imagine they would be hard to compete with.

I think that with all the big boys and girls racing at Santa Pod I would imagine they would be hard to compete with.

When I raced at Santa Pod, i was in my old '78 Firebird. My mate was extremely competitive and wanted to race me, but I refused. I let him enter the staging lanes and I waited until there was about 15 cars between us before I joined the queue. When I got to the front I found him waiting there - he had told the officials he wanted to race me and they put him aside until I got there! The git!!!! I had little choice.......

We also did something simliar at Shakey in my 4th gen.

The point being that you won't necessarily be up against some Horsepower monster, and if you are enter pre-stage then stage and when the lights go green just sit there and let it go. Your own clock doesn't start until you move so you just race yourself and the clock.

1382322_112089942509482_6740973795268906457_n.jpg
So True.

Very true..

Just found this on line , shame still plenty of room to have it operational i remember going years ago stitting at the front near start line,

straightliners doing their best to keep melbourne up and running with a few other places

Back