Setting up the newsletter mail shot.

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Over the past week or so I've been sorting out a way for the website to email everyone to bring people up to speed on events, as not everyone can make it to club night or onto the website. I can email everyone who has signed up to the forum. If people don't want to be on this list there will be an unsubscribe link. You wont be bombarded with emails, it will be around one per month.

The main thing to mention is the Xmas doo that's coming up in November that Heather is kindly sorting. To be on the list, payment must be made to Heather.

Hopefully the mail shot will work well in keeping people up to date plus possibly visitors back on the website.

Maybe this evening I will get the emails sent out. Many of you already know about the xmas meal, but some may not. I just need to check I've included all the info i can, as don't want to make amendments and send out emails again as too many emails just become an annoyance for people receiving them.

anyway, back to work for now....

This is a copy of the email sent to all. :)

Renegades Email Newsletter 1.
12/10/2013

Hi {username},
This is the first newsletter to be sent out from the website. It is being sent to all who has signed up to the forum and you can unsubscribe if you like at the bottom of the email. I aim to send once a month to keep people up to date with events as not everyone can make club night and may not go on the website often.

So here we go, a few upcoming events...

x28551d1373968944-renegades_season_closer_2013.jpg.html.pagespeed.ic.wfwaXulBDs.jpg

Renegades Season Closer
Another year another season closer. 20th October 2013 1200 to 1600. Classic & American car show at the Farmhouse, Burrfields Road, Portsmouth. We have a raffle with many great prizes, something for everyone. There are a couple of tins of chocolates in the bundle of prizes :). All money raised goes Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air ambulance charity. We have volunteers for the gate, guiding the vehicles on where to park and cones in place separating the car park so we should all be sorted for the day.
http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/co...oser-2013.html

Last Southsea Cruise for 2013
Same day at the season closer, Southsea @ 1630 to cruise @ 1700. This is the last one of the year, with an earlier time due to it getting darker earlier.
http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/co...ea-cruise.html

Charity Barn Dance November 23rd
Opens at 1900 with the first dance at 1930.
Tickets are ?9.00 each and include a Ploughman's supper.
Admission is by ticket only and no tickets will be available on the door.
Southbourne Village Hall,
First Avenue
Southbourne
Emsworth
PO10 8HN
If you would like to come along then please see Malc or Fran for your tickets!
http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/cl...mber-23rd.html

Renegades Xmas Meal 2013
Our Renegades meal will be on Friday 6th December, at the Bowling Alley in Bedhampton.
The entry will give you two games of bowling plus a buffet meal. Heather Lunt has been kind enough to organise this event for us all. Its ?19.95 a head. So we can get an idea of numbers you can click on yes/no from this page http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/cl...al-2013-a.html but ultermately to secure your place for the night then full payment needs to be made. Please arrange your interest and payment with Heather onheather_lunt@sky.com

Boxing Day Wickham
Annual show in Wickham square, but be sure to get there early to get park up, usually before 0830 is best. It does get busy and you may not be able to move your car out until 1300 due to the amount of vehicles there. Great to walk around. There are tea/coffee vans there and serving food. Some years a traction engine comes along, the smell of those are awesome.

Boxing Day Romsey
Romsey on Boxing day, open to pre-1976 european classic cars, motorbikes & commercial and also pre-1996 American cars, rods & customs. If your car does not fit this category you will be directed to a public car park. Similar numbers to Wickham. More details of the Romsey Show>>

Wheels Day Good Friday 2014
Wheels Day has a new location for 2014, it?s at Dunsfold Aerodrome (Top Gear track). Its still on good Friday which is April 18th 2014. It?s a Hot rod and custom American car show and it was a great success again, so thanks to the Surrey Street Rodders for this event. Well over 1000 vehicles. some photos from last years show 2013. More details on Wheels Day 2014

Renegades Season Opener 2014
New leaflet already done for next year?s show. It will be held on Sunday April 27th. We have leaflets that will be here for the end of season show, so they can be given out there, the boxing day shows and also Wheels Day to get plenty of coverage.

Renegade Email Accounts
Also the club website can offer email accounts too. So if you want an email account like fred@solent-renegades.co.uk then please let me know by sending me an email of your choice of name, plus a password you want to log in with to dan@solent-renegades.co.uk, and I will get this setup for you. You can pick up your emails though Webmail, much like hotmail all online, or it can be set up to be picked up via Outlook or another email client on your PC / tablet or phone. It's no bother at all to set you up with an email account.

Have your car featured on the front of the website
There is an article section in the front page of the website. Have your car featured here, just do a write up about your car with photos and email it on to me and I will get it up on the site, and also in the Club Car Articlesection.

October Films
Some of us were lucky enough to be part of the filming by October films and this is due to be aired in the states this month. The show is called ?Obsession: Dark Desires?. If your car was used in the filming or you were an extra then please write up your experience with the filming. This would be much appreciated as I?m putting together an article of all of our experiences of the filming. It doesn't have to be a huge amount, every little helps, perhaps where you done the filming, how many days. If you feel like writing lots then that's fine too :)

Logging into the forum
If you have any trouble logging in, then just email me, I can reset your password to what ever your like.

Thanks for taking the time to read. If you have any events you want to add to the list please send them on. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and hope to see you at the show.

TransAmDan
Solent Renegades
dan@solent-renegades.co.uk
www.solent-renegades.co.uk

Received mine OK however, it went to my Junk Mail folder initially. Otherwise, very good. Well done Dan.

Received mine OK however, it went to my Junk Mail folder initially. Otherwise, very good. Well done Dan.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

The website seems to handle the emails quite well, sending out almost 500 in one go. Next newsletter will be less as people unsubscribe. The subscription is all automated and if an email doesn't reach the user, then it bounces back into a special email account, the website then goes though this bounced list and removes them from the mail list too.

I think its a great way to keep people up to date, as not everyone can make it to club night. However this only sends emails to people who have signed up to the forum. We need to get more people signing up, even if they don't come on the website often. I know Tracey sent out an email to about the xmas meal, so they should cover some people I may have missed.

Liking the newsletter idea :)

Back