Santa pod 29th june 2013

saleen 192

Core Member
You want me to go along to this don't you Darren, depending on funds i may just do that. Only if you promise to go easy on me on the track.

Sarah can take vid/pic, of me blowing my gearbox up remember it's slipping at full power (ok got to give you a chance lol)
anyboby else up for this? convoy up?

That sounds brilliant!!

Yeah, I'll film etc. as the Camaro is not MOT'd!!

News | V8UK

Anybody now these people? they are going to santa pod this coming weekend

News | V8UK

Anybody now these people? they are going to santa pod this coming weekend
I joined there forum some time ago, had a very warm welcome. To be honest I havn't been back on there for some time though. doh!
there is a new member on the forum V8UK, so they may give you an answer Darren. :) I see on their website they are Sponsered by Insane Creations which is who Ron Haslett is a part of, who's workshop is in Denmead building a Willis Coupe drag racing mean machine.

Sadly I cant make Santapod. I'm going to watch the F1 at Silverstone on Sunday.

The V8-UK club are putting together a list of their club members for the track http://www.v8uk.co.uk/forums/topic/v8uk-at-the-races-29th-june/
Looks like a great turnout, and gonna be a good weekend, why couldn't this be on a different weekend.

Looks like Darren is on their list.

1.James – Monaro
2.Alex – M3
3.Elliott – Road Runner
4.Russell – Firebird
5.Tom – Ranchero
6.Kirsty – C10
7.Ian – Nova
8. Ollie – 67 Mustang
9.Graham – 57 Chevy
10.John – Mustang Cobra
11.Keith – Ford Coupe
12.Andy – 91 Camaro
13.Rob – Unknown
14.Richard – C6 Corvette
15.Lesley – Firebird
16.Gary – Mk1 Esscort
17.Darren – Lead Foot 65 Falcon
18.MonkeyBoy – Cortina
19.KD – Mustang 5.0
20.Paul – 55 Zodiac
21.Simon – 205
22.Stephen – Unknown
23.Darren – Saleen Mustang

Last edited:
Hi all!

Thanks for stumbling across our website! It's still very new so there are a few teething issues, I got your email this morning Darren and replied so hopefully we can get it all sorted for you! I added you to the list to make sure we have enough free BBQ for everyone! :D

We will have a big red gazebo setup with food and drink for all! Just ask for V8UK on the gate or look for all the V8s!

Don't worry TransAmDan, I'm sure we will be there again!

Ralph - V8UK

This is also up for grabs at the event!

It will be awarded to everyone's favourite car of the day! There will also be give away goodies for the fastest car of the day and the closet bracket ET!

Should be good fun!

So is anybody else going ? i will be if it's not raining,

Well we had an awesome day, a little busy in the pairing lanes but a cracking time was had none the less! We have millions of photos and videos to work through so these will be up shortly.

Thanks for coming up Darren, great to meet you and hopefully see some more Solent Renegades at future events!

Cheeky little shot...More to come!

Thanks for that picture :first: :biggrin1: Thats got to be the best shot of the day as day was total crap with my gearbox playing up...hope to be there next year with gearbox sorted then i will be in the low 10's lol lol lol :biggrin1:

apart from that think everyone enjoyed the day ..

was total crap with my gearbox playing up...hope to be there next year with gearbox sorted then i will be in the low 10's lol lol lol :biggrin1:
Sounds like I'm gonna have to race you before next year then.

you could walk down the track quicker than what i was geting out of her,

have sent out some e.mails ref gearbox just waiting on replys

yes more pictures v8uk did anyone get a pic of the size of the burgers???

Oh yes there are some burger shots somewhere! Also you will be pleased to know there will be more of the same burgers at the next event in Hampshire on the 21st!! :D

Will try and sort some pics shortly! Still so many to work through! Whilst you wait however there is this to keep you entertained!!

V8UK at the races - Santa Pod - YouTube

Great montage on the video thanks for posting, Also pictures good too need a few more V8's for next year

Last edited:
Dam the video like not working anymore. V8uk not about anymore??
It was a good video to what goes on at a rwyb day

Not heard of V8UK for a long time. Looks like they have cancelled their account on here.

A lot of clubs pop up, and go. Loads of clubs start up, there are loads of clubs in the south right now.

Back