RSS feeds

Should we keep RSS feeds?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep very few targeted just from a few USA manufacturers

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Dosn't bother me, i just skip over them.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, get rid of them.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
We have the facility to have RSS feeds which is basically fetching information from another site and creating a short thread about it with a link to the suppliers site.

These RSS feeds are car orientated. At present we are fetching data from a US automotive site. At lot of the threads so far have been Nissan or Porsche.

Of course a new RSS generated thread will appear in the New Posts list. We are getting around 5 posts per day.

These threads can create some interesting reading, however we may skip over them.

I guess the question is, should RSS feeds be more focused, like only post if certain words are in there like 'Ford' 'Chevy' etc... If so that will require a custom feed which I have partially written. Should RSS feeds be posted but not show as new posts if possible. Or should we do away with them... Or any other ideas? or any sort of feedback. Some are not quite active yet like the Top Gear one.

I personally don't look at them, I just whizz past them to get to our usual stuff. Interesting to see how many others do the same. Can you set up a pole/vote thingy like on the previous format?

I personally don't look at them, I just whizz past them to get to our usual stuff. Interesting to see how many others do the same. Can you set up a pole/vote thingy like on the previous format?
Good point, yes, there is a voting bit. activated now. :)

I tend to browse them and generally look at the USA stuff or cars for sale ones :)

I tend to browse anything related to American cars but then this club isn’t exclusive American so redacting non American stuff wouldn’t be fair.
It’s generally the reason I stay away from the idiots at Top Gear.

Not many votes so far.....

Four votes - Less than I expected!

It seems like the RSS feeds are taking over the new post section of the forum at this time. This means that a lot of posts by members are getting pushed beyond the visible and therefore either lost or forgotten. There is a section of the forum devoted to just RSS feeds so can new posts made by RSS be placed straight into that section? Not many voted on this issue as evidenced above but maybe some will now see the benifits of less clutter in the new posts section.

Yes agree Chris. We don't get a huge amount of user posts and these can we swamped by RSS posts. I've disabled RSS posts from appearing in what's new. The RSS post will still be present in its relevent section.

Back